Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how long do you HAVE to stay in l&d?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
I go in for my csection Monday. I have an 8 year old and 1 year old... NO ONE is being helpful. Dh will be there for the birth, and while they are in school/daycare and most likely will go home with them, after they spend some time at the hopsital of course... our 1 year old is just way too crazy for a hospital!

Anyhow, that will leave me alone at night definitely... will the nurses even help me or am I just screwed? How soon would I be able to leave? Im majorly stressing over this!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Bump.... anyone??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:09 PM
When I had my csection I was in the hospital for four days.
Punchyobuns
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM

My husband went home with my one-year-old and I took care of the baby in the hospital on my own.

Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I had a natural birth, I went in at 11 am and was out by 5 the next day.

The nurses were very helpful the entire time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Of course the nurses will help! They always made me stay 3 days after so you'll probably be released Thursday.
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM

With my c-section I stayed 4 days I think. My VBACs 24 hours, I couldn't wait to get out of there!

-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I was in for 4 days with my csection. The nurses helped out at night. Even took him to the nursery. They actually took all my kids to the nursery whenever I asked :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:12 PM
That's how it was with my 1yo but I didn't know if they 'like' you to stay or you have to kwim? We didn't plan on this happening :/

Quoting Anonymous: Of course the nurses will help! They always made me stay 3 days after so you'll probably be released Thursday.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:13 PM
I had vaginal but they required 48 hours. The nurses will definitely help you if you need it. Maybe send baby to nursery and try to get some sleep?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Well that is a relief! With my 1yo dh was there the entire time so i wasn't sure.

Quoting -spork2.0-: I was in for 4 days with my csection. The nurses helped out at night. Even took him to the nursery. They actually took all my kids to the nursery whenever I asked :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)