Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do men seriously expect to sleep w/ you after 2/3 weeks of dating?

Posted by   + Show Post

I've noticed that most of the women I know always complain about guys wanting to jump their bones after a few of dates. Since when is one expected to give such a huge part of themselves to a total fucking stranger? I've been off the market for years, so I wanna know if this is this the new norm?

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Replies (41-50):
jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:23 PM
3 moms liked this
Maybe to you, but that is not really the norm anymore. Women and men alike are capable of easily accessing protection from both std's and pregnancy. There are men out there who want to "take it slow" as well. If that's what a woman is searching for, she should go out and find it. But you can't expect everyone to have the same opinion as you do regarding sex...

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Sex is not just sex. There is a great deal of trust that goes into sex, especially with someone you hardly know. You have to trust that person with your to be open and honest w/ you about any and all STDs/sexual partners/their desires (or lack there of) to parent and your safety and well being. 

Quoting jamamama00: I slept w my husband right away. I've never viewed sex as 'giving a part of myself' to anyone. I don't think sex is something to be used as leverage, or as something to wrap your worth up in....

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:23 PM
You weren't a slut. Just sexually liberated. Lol! I slept with my husband (ex) after a week. If it was a week.

Quoting The.Last.Rebel:

I slept with my husband before we even dated. Then again, I was a slut back then lol.

Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Oh lol that comment is hilarious. And most of all you are anon. . Prude!!!

Quoting Anonymous: There are lots of women who still won't get sexually involved with just anyone. It's not "the 50's" and your sarcastic comment shows me you're not too smart either. You set the bar way too low and you're probably going to settle.

Quoting Anonymous:

The 1950's called for you,they want you back by the time the street lights go out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Yea, but the women I know who are complaining about this are like 25 and up and looking to settle down in the next few years. Women who are looking to seriously date, not just play around. Sadly the men in their age groups are looking for sex with younger and younger women.

Quoting HaYouFail:

It's because casual sex is the norm now,

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:24 PM

It was the norm when I was dating 15-20 years ago.  Didn't say I agreed to the norm, but it was the norm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Considering I am married and my husband is the only one I ever dated,you would be wrong. I just see nothing wrong with consensual single people having sex. Get over it and mind your own business.

Quoting Anonymous: There are lots of women r still won't get sexually involved with just anyone. It's not "the 50's" and your sarcastic comment shows me you're not too smart either. You set the bar way too low and you're probably going to settle.

Quoting Anonymous:

The 1950's called for you,they want you back by the time the street lights go out.

notyoursoryours
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Meh.. I slept with my SO on our first date. That was the most emotional sex I've ever had in my life! It was amazing! I'm going to be with this man forever. Lol. We clicked immediately and i love him so much... *sigh*
Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

And here I was thinking a month was the norm. Good guys aren't really interested in marrying women that have been around the block and put out on the 1st date. Unless you're into an open marriage, to each his own I suppose. 

I am married to an amazing man, who doesn't/didn't hold my sexual history up as a measure of how "worthy" I was to marry.  Being faithful to the partner of your choosing has nothing to do with who else you slept with, it is who you are sleeping with now. 

My marriage is in no way open and I didn't wait that long at all. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:26 PM
I didn't give up the goods until after two months, but I was a virgin so I may have had more reservations than if I wasn't. I've only ever been with DH though. DH tried to kiss me after our first date, and I totally brushed him off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I answered the OP's question. If you can't handle a different opinion, maybe you don't belong here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Considering I am married and my husband is the only one I ever dated,you would be wrong. I just see nothing wrong with consensual single people having sex. Get over it and mind your own business.

Quoting Anonymous: There are lots of women r still won't get sexually involved with just anyone. It's not "the 50's" and your sarcastic comment shows me you're not too smart either. You set the bar way too low and you're probably going to settle.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)