Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When Do You Announce Your Pregnancy?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have heard a lot of women saying that it's not acceptable to announce your pregnancy when you find out?  I have never understood this.

I hear about the risk of miscarraige.  Ok.  Well if I were to miscarry, I would need the support of others.  It's not something I could go through alone.  

I found out and then I told everyone the next day.  I was 6 weeks (i'm 21 weeks now and no problems).  How long did you wait and why? 

by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
Punchyobuns
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM

My first pregnancy I announced at 8 weeks and I miscarried two weeks later. My second pregnancy I never announced and miscarried at 8 weeks. My third I announced at 24 weeks, my fourth I announced at 20 weeks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM
I used to announce it as soon as I found out, but after two miscarriages last year, I've decided that if I get pregnant again I won't announce it until after the first trimester.
ashleynm85
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I'm sorry you had to experience that.

Quoting Punchyobuns:

My first pregnancy I announced at 8 weeks and I miscarried two weeks later. My second pregnancy I never announced and miscarried at 8 weeks. My third I announced at 24 weeks, my fourth I announced at 20 weeks.

Famousglm714
by Gina on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I told people around 15 weeks. My family knew earlier but I mean Facebook and stuff like that. If I were to have another I wouldn't tell anyone until I could no longer hide it. I've already had the big production, huge baby shower, people in and out of the room while in labor. I just want peace next time around but I don't want another so...Idk, lol.
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Right away for the most part

Dd that was 8 weeks

Dd we waited I think a week just so we could do it in person.... I made a shirt and everything for dd to wear- so at about 4 1/2 weeks

Current pregnancy, 3 ish weeks
Justine1993
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:13 PM
I told everyone the second I got the positive test
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I was almost 4 months and he announced himself! I was maid of honor in my brother's wedding and the slinky tight dress was bought 5 month prior to the wedding, needless to say, there was no hiding my bump! LOL! (I asked my sil if she wanted me to wear something less obvious and she said no that I was adorable!)

My parents knew, and my brother and sil knew, and husband, but no one else until that day!

Punchyobuns
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Trust me, you never want to have to un-tell people that you're pregnant. Because people will have heard that you were pregnant but not have heard that you miscarried and so people will ask you how your pregnancy is, how the baby is, if you had the baby already, etc, and you may have to answer those questions for a very long time.

Quoting ashleynm85:

I'm sorry you had to experience that.

Quoting Punchyobuns:

ashleynm85
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I had a pregnant bridesmaid!!

Quoting ahappymommy:

I was almost 4 months and he announced himself! I was maid of honor in my brother's wedding and the slinky tight dress was bought 5 month prior to the wedding, needless to say, there was no hiding my bump! LOL! (I asked my sil if she wanted me to wear something less obvious and she said no that I was adorable!)

My parents knew, and my brother and sil knew, and husband, but no one else until that day!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:15 PM
With my first I announced right away, but now I rather wait til I'm in 2nd trimester. But one of my friends on fb announced it when she had just found out, she posted pics of her preg test and a week later a pic of an ultrasound, she got over 200 likes and comments congratulating her, then she had a miscarriage 2 days later. I felt so bad for her. So that's why I think most people rather wait.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN