Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When Do You Announce Your Pregnancy?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have heard a lot of women saying that it's not acceptable to announce your pregnancy when you find out?  I have never understood this.

I hear about the risk of miscarraige.  Ok.  Well if I were to miscarry, I would need the support of others.  It's not something I could go through alone.  

I found out and then I told everyone the next day.  I was 6 weeks (i'm 21 weeks now and no problems).  How long did you wait and why? 

by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Replies (41-50):
lucydiamond
by LD on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:26 PM

0/3 of my pregnancies have gone into viability so for future pregnancies I would tell close friends and family after 12 weeks and nobody else until it could no longer be hidden.

Night_Roane
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:27 PM
DD#1 I think I announced ASAP. DD#2 I had a lot more trouble accepting that I was pregnant, so I waited longer to generally announce it. I told my family and closest friends after the ultrasound confirmed a heartbeat and that it wasn't an ectopic pregnancy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I told every one as soon as I found out. Fuck being scared of the what ifs. Shit happens.
dizzy91
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand when women have a history of miscarriage, or even when they're waiting to do it as a surprise.

I was 4 weeks pregnant when I found out. I told everyone that day. It's my first pregnancy. I couldn't keep it in. The idea of hiding it, for me, is just weird. When I had my miscarriage scare, I was able to call my mom and dad for support. My fiance's parents were there to support us. It was wonderful.

It's up to the person when they tell. I saw someone judging a 19 year old today for telling her parents right after she found out she's pregnant. What the hell? It's a huge, important part of our lives. We choose when to tell. For some, that means telling the second they find out. For others, it means not saying anything until they're in labor. It's their life event. No room to judge something as simple as telling family.

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I didn't know until four months with my first and told my parents then so I could get to a doctor. With my second, I still waited until four months to tell my family and five to tell others. One of my worst fears is losing a pregnancy and if I did, I would not want to have to go around and tell people and have that uncomfortable conversation when I run into someone who didn't hear I miscarried down the road.

seksen
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:34 PM
My first pregnancy 6 weeks.. Carried full term :) my next two, the first one 5 weeks and I lost it and the second one we told at 8 weeks and lost it a week later :(. It was extremely painful and hear breaking to go through.. When we get pregnant again we won't be saying anything until about 14-16 weeks.
teaandcookies
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:37 PM

With my son and daughter I told everyone the day I found out.  I had 9 miscarriages before my son one betwwen son and daughter and one after daughter.  

aimhawk
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM

With the first we told everyone within the first week. With our second it was such a surprise we called everyone at 10pm (right after we found out). DH even walked down the road to his Mom's with the test.

JaeMommy07
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Well, everyone close to us knew we were doing IVF but we didn't announce I was successfully pregnant until 14 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:49 PM
I told everyone at 6 weeks both times. I'm 15 weeks now and my daughter is 3.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)