Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When Do You Announce Your Pregnancy?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have heard a lot of women saying that it's not acceptable to announce your pregnancy when you find out?  I have never understood this.

I hear about the risk of miscarraige.  Ok.  Well if I were to miscarry, I would need the support of others.  It's not something I could go through alone.  

I found out and then I told everyone the next day.  I was 6 weeks (i'm 21 weeks now and no problems).  How long did you wait and why? 

by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Replies (51-60):
Lexa_Lee
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I'm 26 weeks and haven't announced.
ashleynm85
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:54 PM

With the belly, how do people not know?

Quoting Lexa_Lee: I'm 26 weeks and haven't announced.

Lexa_Lee
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I don't have a belly.

Quoting ashleynm85:

With the belly, how do people not know?

Quoting Lexa_Lee: I'm 26 weeks and haven't announced.

Cmyfantasyworld
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I am an impatient person so I never could wait. I did get pregnant, announce it, and miscarry. It was quite painful having to tell people over and over again that we lost the baby. 

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Oce I told and miscarried the day after. I have also miscarried 18.5 weeks later so if I ever get pregnant again, I'm not telling anyone anything until they start asking " why your belly getting so big?"

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I agree with you.
I told as soon as I.got a positive test with DD.
I waited with DS until 10 weeks or so.
I found out at almost 9 weeks myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VicVinegar
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:20 AM
I'm 12 weeks 4 days and we haven't announced it yet. I like that it's a little secret me and my df and kids share! We are planning on telling everyone at Christmas
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:25 AM
It's a personal decision. I don't see an issue with announcing right away either. I would want the support too. I do know a few people who announced right away and then had an abortion but they are trash bags that never should have gotten pregnant in the first place. With DD1, I announced right away. DD2, 7 weeks, DS- 10 weeks. Honestly I don't like waiting. I like having the support and being able to discuss such a big part of my life.
hopeym23
by J3 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I don't think my pee has dried on the stick before I spread the news!  LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 2:06 PM
I waited until I seen a HB to tell. I wouldn't want my family to get pissed if it wasn't a viable pregnancy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)