Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't have money for Christmas *edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies

I only have $20 to spend on my son and all my relatives. I decided to give my close family some homemade cookies. Today I bought small containers for them  and then went to the toy section. I saw a toy for $9 and showed it to my son. His eyes opened really wide and he seemed to like it. Then I looked back at the price tag and realized it was for something else. The toy was $14. It was too much.

I know Christmas isn't about gifts, but putting that toy back broke my heart. My son has food, clothing, a roof over his head, and other toys. But this Christmas he won't get much.

I know I shouldn't be complaining, but I just needed to vent.

Edit- I'm not working right now. My parents are helping me out and that's why I wanted to give them something. The toy is one of those stand things with rings. Each ring is a different size and color. This one had buttons and lights.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:20 AM

What toy was it?

gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Skip your family, buy for your son. If they can't understand why, what kind of family are they anyway?
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Can I ask why you didn't seek assistance for Christmas?  It is way to late now to find somewhere and I really feel for you and your son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:22 AM

How old is your son? Stuff from the dollar store if he is little goes a long way. I am sure adult relatives understand the situation and will maybe help out, if you ask them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:22 AM
2 moms liked this
Jesus only got 3 gifts...your son will be fine Christmas is overrated!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Probably should've thought about this a little sooner instead of waiting until 11 days before xmas. 

gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Also, have you shopped around? Maybe you can find it on sale.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Why buy your family anything at all?Buy for your kid only,the adults in your life will understand.If they don't , they don't deserve anything from you anyway!

klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
you know it comes the same time every year right? did you have an unforeseen hardship? if so you should have done the angel tree. why is your son with you picking out his gift and knowing how much you can spend. my ds knows nothing about my finances.
littleelmmom13
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:24 AM
That's heart breaking
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)