Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I f***ing HATE re-gifters

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:13 AM
  • 320 Replies

I have a very close family member, like a second mother, who is a regifter. Every year I spend hours and a nice chunk of money trying to get her a nice gift she won't want to re gift, but she just does it anyways. Last year I found a really nice over night bag at Tj-Maxx for just under a 100 bucks. It was sorta pewterish, her favorite color, and I thought it was perfect for her since she travels for work a lot. This year I saw it under her tree with a big fat fucking bow around it addressed to my mom.

WTF! I do not spend that kind of money and time so she can just give the shit I sacrifice to give her away. It really pisses me off when I catch her giving something I purchased her away, but she says once it's hers she can give it to whom ever she chooses. 

Do you hate when people regift the things you give them?

Do you regift?

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:15 AM
17 moms liked this
I don't regift, but I've been the recipient of a re gift.

If I were you I'd just give her a gift card.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:15 AM
15 moms liked this

Once its in their possession , I dont care what they do with it.  Nor do I let stupid things like this bother me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
How do you know if an item is regifted?

Quoting Anonymous: I don't regift, but I've been the recipient of a re gift.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:17 AM
4 moms liked this
I wouldn't let it bother me, I would just not give her anymore expensive gifts
MyCaptain
by Horror queen on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:17 AM
That's so tacky. No.
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:18 AM
15 moms liked this
Once you give someone a gift it's no longer your business and they can do as they want. With that said, I can see why it would hurt your feelings. Just don't buy her anything nice anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:19 AM
It was unwrapped but had the remnants of tape left on. It was this ugly grey organizer book/coupon holder. And it was from my ex-boyfriend's father, who was extremely cheap.

Quoting Anonymous: How do you know if an item is regifted?

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:19 AM

My m-i-l does that.  Or she'll take a gift I put a lot of thought and money into, and return it and buy something goofy.  She also gives my kids regifted gifts all the time.  I just don't put much thought into her gifts anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Lol damn

Quoting Anonymous: It was unwrapped but had the remnants of tape left on. It was this ugly grey organizer book/coupon holder. And it was from my ex-boyfriend's father, who was extremely cheap.

Quoting Anonymous: How do you know if an item is regifted?

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:19 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't mind if people regift nor do I mind receiving one IF it's something I'd like.  My MIL gave me a piece of jewelry that was not my style, but my Mom's.  So I gave it to her for her birthday.  She loved it and at the end of the day that is all that matters.  If your second Mom is a regifter buy her a gift card--that way she can buy what she really wants, or can purchase gifts for others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)