Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Here's an idea for Christmas 2014

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
3 moms liked this

Starting in January...buy one toy, a book, some craft items, one article of clothing, or whatever once a month and put it away.

If it's on clearance, that's even better.

So when Christmas 2014 rolls around, you'll be set. Your child will have 12 gifts and a couple of new outfits.

This way even if unexpected expenses come up, you will still have SOMETHING under the tree next Christmas.

You're welcome!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Im hoping to try to do that...Im sick of last minute crap.
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Ok...

crazedmama06
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 3:42 PM

lol. I have 3 kids and do this. but I only get one for each kid a month. so it comes out to 12 gifts total. but 4 each. (plus traditional pjs the night before.

ChewyBrownies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 3:42 PM
2 moms liked this
It's not about the gifts
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 3:43 PM
You're not posting a new concept.. Many, many people plan on doing this. Most don't follow through though.
New.OrleansLady
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 3:43 PM

its CM you're talking to! If it maks sense no one will listen :) 

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Dec. 15, 2013 at 3:43 PM

You make it sound so easy lol Not everyone has a bit of extra money laying around to buy gifts every month like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I've been planning to buy the next year's presents when Walmart puts all the popular toys that didn't sell out for 50% off. Nothing more frustrating than buying a toy for $30 then immediately after Christmas it's in the garden center for $15.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 3:46 PM
2 moms liked this

My kids have more fun when we buy them a gift card and let them go shopping after Christmas. They get so many toys and it prevents duplications. Half the time we tell the in-laws what we are getting them and they read it as they should get them it. 

It was a tradition that started 2 years ago when we couldn't afford both Santa gifts and gifts from us. They know Mommy works Christmas and that money goes completely for them to spend on their gifts. Last year I was able to give all 3 kids a $50 gift card to spend. Plus it is more fun to watch them light up when they are looking for the perfect gift. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Won't work especially with clothing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN