Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't like dogs much

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
But when I was a kid, my stepdad used to treat me pretty badly and when my mom realized it she divorced him. I was so scared that he would come to our new house and hurt me. I had horrible nightmares and was severely depressed.
So my mom got me a puppy. She told me that if I helped take care of him, he would grow big and strong and he would protect me.
That dog means so much to me. He made me feel safe when nothing else did. He was there to cuddle with me when I cried. And went with me when I'd ride my bike and go walking in the woods. More than once we stoodn outside together while my mom hosed us down when we came back muddy from the creek.
When we moved out, we chose to leave him at my mom's. She had another dog and they were very close plus she has a huge yard and where we were moving to, he'd have to be inside most of the time. Plus, we are at her house a lot anyway.
He still protects me. Even though he is old and blind in one eye. He protects my kids.

I just got the call that he is sick and most likely he is going to have to be euthanized. I'm not I can handle this right now.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Queenme101
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:02 PM
I'm so sorry! Hugs Mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom22boys333
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I'm sorry hun!  Hugs to you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Thank you. I can't stop crying right now :(

Quoting Queenme101: I'm so sorry! Hugs Mama
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Thank you. I know my post is all messed up and I'm sorry. Thank you for reading it.

Quoting mom22boys333:

I'm sorry hun!  Hugs to you

chickadees
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:04 PM

So sorry.  Remember though, you have to do what's best for the dog.  You don't want someone that has spent his whole life protecting you and yours to suffer.  It's your turn to protect him.  As for not liking dogs, I don't think you give yourself enough credit.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I am so sorry. That is very hard

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Yeah. I know. Right now, he's really sick. And our options are to put him to sleep or to make him comfortable until he goes on his own. And he is in a lot pain.

As for not liking dogs, I don't mind them. I'm an animal lover but unknown dogs scare me, especially big ones. Once I get to know them, they are alright :)

Quoting chickadees:

So sorry.  Remember though, you have to do what's best for the dog.  You don't want someone that has spent his whole life protecting you and yours to suffer.  It's your turn to protect him.  As for not liking dogs, I don't think you give yourself enough credit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:10 PM
I didn't realize how much.

Quoting othermom:

I am so sorry. That is very hard

Queenme101
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:10 PM
I remember when our lab was hit by a car when we were young. She died trying to crawl up the steps. The asshole hit her and drove away. My heart goes out to you. I will be thinking of you and praying that your beloved will have an easy trip over the rainbow bridge

Quoting Anonymous: Thank you. I can't stop crying right now :(

Quoting Queenme101: I'm so sorry! Hugs Mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I know its hard. I remember when my dog Odie, the dog I had since kindergarten had to be put to sleep. His hind legs went out during the winter
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN