Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why us? Why now?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
So, i got a call from my bank. They said my debit card was compromised and who ever got the info, damn near whipped us out. We barely had enough left to pay our cable bill. Now we don't have enough to finish Xmas shopping. Although we are not liable for it, they won't refund the money yet due to it being a big investigation. We have never had this happen before. The bank won't even tell me what merchant my info was compromised at. This sucks.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:26 PM
I have never heard of a bank not refunding the money while they investigate.

Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Me either. They said because of the large amount it would take 1-2 weeks.

Quoting Crazy-Steph: I have never heard of a bank not refunding the money while they investigate.

Good luck.
TexTornado
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:31 PM

What kind of low-rent bank do you have?  That happened to us & Wells Fargo refunded the money within minutes of my phone call.  I know of other people that had it happen too.  No one had to wait to get their money back.  You might want to take a trip to the bank first thing in the morning & make sure you're being given the right information.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Can't you look on your online account to see any activity that was done?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Bank of America.

Quoting TexTornado:

What kind of low-rent bank do you have?  That happened to us & Wells Fargo refunded the money within minutes of my phone call.  I know of other people that had it happen too.  No one had to wait to get their money back.  You might want to take a trip to the bank first thing in the morning & make sure you're being given the right information.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:34 PM
That's hopefully worst case scenario. Hopefully it'll only take a few days.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Oh no : (

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Hopefully.

Quoting Anonymous: That's hopefully worst case scenario. Hopefully it'll only take a few days.
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:38 PM
That's who we have. I've never had an issue.

Quoting Anonymous: Bank of America.

Quoting TexTornado:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

That doesn't sound right.  Call again and ask for a supervisor.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured