Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do I be gracious when I'm actually really offended.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 432 Replies
My mom gave me a gift today (Late B-day present) I was all in a pretty bag with a ribbon. I waited until I got home to open it because we were in a rush & she handed it to me on the way out.

I opened it when I got home to find... 2 exercise dvds, a meal planning weight loss book, a weight loss recipe book, some stretchy exercise cord thingy & a bottle of weight loss pills.

I want to be able to call her and thank her without flipping. But the level of offended I am, is off the charts.

How would you handle this?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Do you need those things? 

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:09 PM
8 moms liked this

it depends, if you need to loose weight and diet be happy that someone took the time out to get you started out.

if you are skinny and fit then i would be offended.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:10 PM
101 moms liked this

Holy shit. Unless you had mentioned wanting to lose weight, that is really rude. Especially the weight loss pills, those are dangerous. I wouldn't call to thank her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:10 PM
4 moms liked this
How do I be....
How do I be.....
How do I be?
rocamom
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:10 PM
4 moms liked this
If it was my mom I would be honest and tell her I was pissed. My mom and I are close. I would be nice but blunt. Good luck.
hemanclub
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:11 PM
13 moms liked this

I would tell her flat out that it was inappropriate and if she is concerned for you then she should talk to you about it but it is certainly not appreciated as a birthday gift.  Keep in mind as much as you may be offended, the ones who love you the most are the ones that are honest with you even if it hurts your feeling so yes be offended but it is forgivable.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:11 PM
5 moms liked this

Do you need them? I mean I wouldn't be offended if my mom bought me those things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:11 PM
12 moms liked this
She probably loves you enough to offend you on the off chance she can help you reach a healthy weight.

Or you are a healthy weight and she's nuts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:11 PM
105 moms liked this

I'd be a smartass. 

I'd send her a thank-you card with a picture of me and ten boxes of twinkies.  The note would read:  Dear mom, I hope you don't mind. . . I returned your gift and got something I'd actually enjoy. 

Love, me. 

I say twinkies because it'd most likely piss her off ( since she seems to be wanting to shave a couple of pounds off of you). 

And I'd laugh and laugh imagining her face when she opens the card. 

Doubt she'd ever do that again. 

aidyns_mommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:11 PM
4 moms liked this
I got nothing...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)