Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Screw You Doctor Who!!!

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:35 AM
  • 32 Replies

So after all the hype on here I decided to check it out. I started watching the first season and I was a little confused because I was expecting this bird man or possibly a funny looking man who likes hats, but no. The Doctor was this guy-

YAY!!! I was addicted immediately, the show is funny, great cast, really a fun show. Now I was a little confused, I knew I had the right show, but all the gifs and memes you fans put out show different doctors. Whatever, I thoroughly enjoyed the 1st. season till the LAST EPISODE- WTF???!!! New doctor at the end?

So... I googled and learned about the history of the show and I guess I'll get used to the other Doctors, but really I'm disappointed, especially for the first few episodes I thought this doctor was actually this guy-

you know, from that cheerleader movie, it just cracked me up.

Oh well, starting season 2 anyway.

*Disclaimer* I've had the flu and been chugging Nyquil pretty hard.

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamanthaStetka
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Is doctor who actually a doctor? Lol I never watched it

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:40 AM
No. He's not an actual doctor. He is called The Doctor. No one except for him knows his name, and that will go with him to his grave.

Quoting SamanthaStetka:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:43 AM
OP, um, yeah. The Doctor regenerates. He can only regenerate 12 times and the next regeneration in the Christmas day episode should be the last one, but they'll probably find a way to get around that.

evelynolivesmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:44 AM

I don't think so, it never actually got into why he's called the Doctor.

Quoting SamanthaStetka:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Well he did study medicine in the 1800s and has some doctorates so you could argue that he really is a doctor, but that's not really important to the show, it's only mentioned once or twice in the series

Quoting Anonymous: No. He's not an actual doctor. He is called The Doctor. No one except for him knows his name, and that will go with him to his grave.

Quoting SamanthaStetka:

evelynolivesmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Yeah, I know that now, it just kinda shocked me at the end.

Quoting Anonymous: OP, um, yeah. The Doctor regenerates. He can only regenerate 12 times and the next regeneration in the Christmas day episode should be the last one, but they'll probably find a way to get around that.

southernwldchld
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:46 AM
3 moms liked this

Just a little picture to help you with the new heartache that comes with getting hooked on Doctor Who:

For the first time...I am not looking forward to Christmas...

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:47 AM

I just started season four and I still miss the first guy.

Gypsy.Scribe
by Ravenclawesome on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this
No, Time Lords can regenerate more than 12 times, it was just a Time Lord law to stop at twelve. In the movie with the Eighth Doctor, he says the Master had used up all twelve of his lives and he was still around in the reboot with a new face. They don't have to find a way to get around it because it was always possible to regenerate more than twelve times.

Quoting Anonymous: OP, um, yeah. The Doctor regenerates. He can only regenerate 12 times and the next regeneration in the Christmas day episode should be the last one, but they'll probably find a way to get around that.

evelynolivesmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this

This is great!

I just finished the first episode of the second season and this David Tennant guy is pretty good, continuing on...

Quoting southernwldchld:

Just a little picture to help you with the new heartache that comes with getting hooked on Doctor Who:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)