Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you buy used Christmas presents?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 194 Replies
2 moms liked this
Last year I was tight for money so I bought my DD a gently used Bitty Baby with a ton of accessories for $60 off of Craigslist.

She loves it and has no clue that it wasn't brand new. She is 6 now. I bought her a used Bitty Baby high chair this year at a children's consignment shop for $12 instead of $44 new off the American Girl website.

Anyone else?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2-3181
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Nope but bump

lunyuny
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:49 AM
I did psp a few years back
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I always see cool things for a great bargain on the local rummage sale page on my FB but it seems like I never have the money at the time otherwise I would be snatching up a lot of things on there.

jenerica.
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
A few years ago, yes. My dd still has, and uses, the play kitchen I bought from craigslist and gave her for Christmas.
lovebug8526
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM
When my son was younger he liked the used better then the new
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM

confused

Quoting lunyuny: I did psp a few years back

Ginny410
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, got my 2 yr old all kinds of used stuff, the older kids not so much though. My 2yr old got a dora kitchen-$15, Little mermaid talking vanity-$15, Adora doll-$20, baby care center-$10, Dora chair-$5. DS(5) got a grave digger play set-$5, Cars spiral speedway-$3. DD(9) got a guitar$10 and a vanity$30. They are gonna have good christmases once I add in the stuff I bought new, and I didnt break the bank :)

Katkinson
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

heck yea.  Especially when my kids were younger.  -- baby and toddler age.  Nothing wrong with it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Nothing wrong with that. I bought them a used game system this year. Precious owner still had all original packaging too.
Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Yup...hit a big consignment sale a month or so ago. Got the girls a LaLaLoopsy Knight and Princess set for $13.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured