Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm crying because I'm mad -vent- *edit*

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:47 PM
  • 129 Replies

This is a vent. If you don't like my vents and came in here to tell me that my child deserved worse then FUCK OFF. 

I realized today how far behind Amanda is compared to her sister and her peers. Not educationally, thank goodness, but emotionally.  The kids decided to scrape up what little snow we have left and have a snow ball fight. One of the kids hit Manny in the back with one and next thing any of us know, she's on the ground screaming in a full blown panic attack. It was scary for all of us. I ran and hugged her and held her but I couldn't stop but to start crying. She can't even play in the snow with the other kids without her past coming and kicking her in the butt.  I'm used to her panic attacks, I am not sure why this one got to me, but it did. 

The girl who threw the snowball kept saying that she is sorry and I assured her that is is okay but its not. My kid will never be able to withstand even an accidental hit without going into a panic attack.  She's always on edge (even when she says she's not). I'm going to have to have her put on anti anxiety/depression drugs. She's EIGHT. No eight year old should have to be on Prozac. Then again, no eight year old should have to be afraid of the world around her because of ONE monster. And what did she do to deserve this? What travesty did she participate in to deserve a life of fear and anxiety? She moved. That's all she did, she moved to pick something up. 

Days like this make me want to go homicidal on the person who did this to her.  But of course, I won't. I won't return violence with violence. I believe in Karma, and one day, he'll get what he deserves.  

/end vent

bring on the bashing. I'm going to bake. 

Edit: Sorry for the people who don't know the story. The back story is on Pg 2. 

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM
No bashing. My oldest dd has had horrible panic attacks since moving to the point we homeschool right now. They are talking about prozac but I want councilors to give it more time.
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I'm not bashing you, I'm just sort of confused. Who is "he" and what do you mean by "she moved"?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Why would someone bash you?
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry mama, and I think I know the story.

Get her on the med's, it doesn't have to be for forever. They can just help her get over the hump until she see's that most people in the world are good people. 

Great big hugs for you and for her.

suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:54 PM

This is all very vague. What happened that she has panic attacks?

mygardenia
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Awe I am so sorry you and your child have to go through this. Is there any alternative than medication? I hope it works out for you guys. 

Mittenmommie
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I'm a little confused also, was she abused or something?
How sad for her, I couldn't imagine the pain it causes you and her when that happens. :(
Hang in there, with love and support it has to get better... Right!?
tnt1014
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM
This!

OP have you looked into counseling for her and you? if not it's definitely something you should do sooner rather than later.

((HUGS)) I hope things start to get better for both of you.

Quoting Bethsunshine:

I'm not bashing you, I'm just sort of confused. Who is "he" and what do you mean by "she moved"?

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Who would say she deserved worse?

I'm confused.

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:57 PM
What happened to her?
So sorry about your little girl
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)