Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your neighborhood do this? Mine does!

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 4:56 PM
  • 89 Replies
The majority of the people who live on my street have lived here a very long time. Most are the original owners (35+ tears). There are 7 of us who are very close. Throughout the year and especially during the holidays, if we see a package delivered to one of the houses, we will call/text the homeowner to see if they want us to grab their packages for them and hold them until they are home.

I just did this today for the lady across the street from me.

Do you and your neighbors look out for each other like this? We also let them know when we are out of town and if someone will be house sitting or coming by to check on the house. We also call for suspicious activities around their homes and I have keys to at least 3 of their homes. A couple have keys to ours.
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

No, but I think that's pretty cool...

VarelaClan
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 4:58 PM
I wish.
Sj218
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 4:58 PM
No. I don't know any of my neighbors. All rentals, so no ones stays very long...except me.
imakehimscream
by He screams on Dec. 16, 2013 at 4:58 PM
2 moms liked this
No but I am taking a neighbor to a church on Wednesday so she can get presents for her kids. It seemed to make her day when I said yes
JamieBue38
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 4:59 PM
No. I wish. My neighbors spread rumors about us.
MinglingMom
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

We live in an apt and a guy that lives above us (and parks his motorcycle by our door) picked up one of our packages one day and left a note on our door because he just happened to be working on his bike that day. There has been a theft problem in our complex recently so I thought it was really nice of him.

kristen0812
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM
No, I don't like the people on either side of me.
jb0520
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM
That's super sweet! We are really far from our neighbors but I'd love that if I was in a development
noelgray
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM

No.

Noel (24)
& Brandon (26)
TTC since March 1, 2008
Avery Drew (grew wings 1/5/08 at 6wks 3days gestation)
Skylar Dakota (grew wings 4/19/08 at 5wks 1day gestation)
Charlie Blake (grew wings 4/4/10 at 4wks 3days gestation)

bc19
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM

We would probably do the we are out of town, please keep a watch thing but that is it. We are all friendly but we all keep to our own space for the most part. The kids interact and are all friends. The neighbor on our right has a boy two weeks older than our ds so we see him a good bit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)