Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My child's teacher suggested we get on food stamps. :/

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 242 Replies

So, DD (age 7) has apparently been acting up. I didn't know this. I have not been around to speak with her teacher.

She e-mailed me yesterday asking for a parent teacher conference. I did some switching around with another co-worker and was able to have tonight off so I could pick DD up from school and have the conference. Both DH and I were there. She suggested that we consider looking into assistance because having the two jobs is really negatively affecting my DD. She's asked the school social worker to come in twice to speak to DD about what was bothering her. Which was that she doesn't see me.

Dh feels like shit. I feel like shit and I don't know what to do to rectify the situation. I'm not going to quit either one of my jobs. My DH works too, but he's a laid-off teacher competing with 100 other people for the very few teaching jobs there are open to external applicants.. He works full time as a para-professional because that's all he was able to get for employment.

I know my work schedule sucks. I know that there's many days where I don't see DD at all (I go from first job to second job and don't usually see DD until about 2 days later).

I really don't feel like quitting a job is an answer.

I feel like a really horrible mother right now and I want to cry. :/

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JTROX
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Sorry you are going through that.  

Teaching jobs can be very hard to come by.  

Good luck with everything!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM
8 moms liked this
Wow so 3 jobs in the house is more important than your child?!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:01 PM
14 moms liked this
At this point you kind of are a horrible mother, your kid goes two days without seeing you? A social worker and teacher have to sit you down and tell you to spend some time with your kid and you still don't think quitting at least one job is the answer? You are the most selfish mother ever
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:01 PM
My children come first, I would find a different way.
caustinb
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Would you even qualify? Or would you just be fu(%Ing yourself if you quit or cut back?
suzanneyea
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Sounds like you need to spend more time with your kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

The two jobs won't pay the bills. The three are paying the bills and allowing us a food budget.

I am working as much as I can right now because winter break is about to occur and DH won't be working at all for two weeks.

Quoting Anonymous: Wow so 3 jobs in the house is more important than your child?!

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:02 PM
52 moms liked this
Are you dumb? Food and a house are more important than starving and being homeless.

Quoting Anonymous: Wow so 3 jobs in the house is more important than your child?!
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM
7 moms liked this

No - it sounds like feeding and clothing her child is a priority, while her husband looks for something in his field, than the alternative (being NOT feeding, clothing, and housing her child).

Shame on her!

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM

The social worker didnt talk to the mom, they talked to the daughter...

Quoting Anonymous: At this point you kind of are a horrible mother, your kid goes two days without seeing you? A social worker and teacher have to sit you down and tell you to spend some time with your kid and you still don't think quitting at least one job is the answer? You are the most selfish mother ever

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)