Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"grandparent" trouble at school... update!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies
So I am just letting my mil back in slowly. She has been blacked out for 3 yrs. But I don't want her to have anything to do with the kids schooling. The school knows. So today mil calls the school to see what I have done to block her access at school.
The school of course called me and since I no longer have a retraining order they don't think they can do much to keep her from the school.. is there anything???

I called the superintendent and they said the school was wrong and they can stop her from coming to lunch!!!!.
And they are now calling to school to let them know!!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stacey541
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
In our school you have to be authorized to find out info/ let other people pick up kids. If she's not s guardian they don't have to say anything to her....
cassandrans
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Yes, another restraining order.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Yes they told her they would not release Ingo to her.. But told Me anyone could come and have lunch there..... wtf

Quoting stacey541: In our school you have to be authorized to find out info/ let other people pick up kids. If she's not s guardian they don't have to say anything to her....
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Get another restraining order
stacey541
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:55 PM
That's messed up....

Quoting Anonymous: Yes they told her they would not release Ingo to her.. But told Me anyone could come and have lunch there..... wtf

Quoting stacey541: In our school you have to be authorized to find out info/ let other people pick up kids. If she's not s guardian they don't have to say anything to her....
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Get another restraining order. The school doesn't have to allow her in if she doesn't have a child in the school.  As the parent the school has to honor your wishes that she isn't given any information about your child or allowed access to your child. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:57 PM
I think I'm going to have to.. bad thing is I was trying to be civil and slowly let her back in.

Quoting thefiregoddess: Get another restraining order
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Why? She's already acting crazy.

Quoting Anonymous: I think I'm going to have to.. bad thing is I was trying to be civil and slowly let her back in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Shit no, don't let her back in. She clearly has some fucked up boundary issues. Tell her she follows YOUR rules, including staying way the hell away from your kids and their school, or you're done with her, and there will be no second chances. Behaving how she is, is not ok.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Yep.....

Quoting littlesippycup: Why? She's already acting crazy.

Quoting Anonymous: I think I'm going to have to.. bad thing is I was trying to be civil and slowly let her back in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)