Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM's: Are you this cute and perky? -EDIT-

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM
  • 46 Replies

:)

Lol, I'm not. I admit I wish I was though... I think these are too cute. She just looks so profoundly happy to be cleaning! I'm the type who tries to get it done with as quickly as humanly possible ;p

Sorry about the pic quality, ipod camera is grainy.

*Props if you know what book these images are from!

EDIT:

Thanks for the replies, guys :) Some of you are hilarious...and I deffinitely agree. Although I aim for something like that cuteness (without drugs lol), I'm more like these examples also found in the book. I'm an "Almost-er":

I don't look that lovely when I'm slobbing it up on the couch, though :)

And for those who were curious-

The book is 'The Art of Homemaking' by Daryl Hoole (the original 60's (?) version.

I actually found it very sweet and inspiring (although very susie homemaker-ish of course, and i did have my disagreements with some of it for that reason...). Its basically like what I imagine an in depth 50's home ec book would be. It really gets down to the nitty gritty of running every aspect of your home from cleaning and schedules, to home repairs/ organization, ad even chores and how to feel fullfilled. How to go from uninspired and floundering to magical perfection (well, as close as I'd ever get...)

It was pretty neat for me because I truthfully am a messy, unorganized person at heart, who thought people with perfectly kept homes were a different breed than me lol. But it actually got me to make some major changes, and our home is, for the most part, much more orderly now.

Just wanted to reccomend it in case anyone was interested or to anyone who struggles with being a SAHM and finding that balance, like I did. Really did! Just remember to take some of it with a grain of salt ;p

You can find it by googling 'the art of homemaking'. And I'd recommend the original version (available in pdf). The revised version just isnt the same or as good, in my opinion. Loses that very 50's charm :)

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CMcLaws
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:23 AM
When I am baking, maybe!! Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
choaspartyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Always ;) lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:25 AM
8 moms liked this
Pretty sure all housewives back then hit the bottle pretty hard to be that happy lol
twinners.mama
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Hahaha

Quoting Anonymous: Pretty sure all housewives back then hit the bottle pretty hard to be that happy lol
twinners.mama
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Some days I feel like the lady in the pictures! Not today though. Being up most of the night with a sick kid isn't conclusive to perkiness.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Not even close! But, my grandma was. She was a housewife rock star!
Mommy2-3181
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Depends on the day

sburger315
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:27 AM

hell no lol. 

Luke 3/15/11    Maddie 4/29/12    Identical Twin Girls Due 5/29/14

couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Hell no.
I'm happy that I don't look like that lol
abt1019
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:29 AM

In my mind I am.

Nah. I don't like cleaning. I do love cooking and taking care of my fiance. Been doing it 6 years.

disneyfamilysticks2

TTC since 07/01/13 with DF Nick (getting married Jan'14!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)