Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The lady at JcPenneys tried to call the cops on me...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I went in to get some presents for my son. I was on the way home from picking him up from school. I told her to double bag it so my son who was in the car couldn't see. He then called me asking home much longer I would be I told him I was checking out then. He lady asked me if I left my son in the car I said yes and was about to explain that he was 16 and didn't want to come into the store when she stormed off. I just left my stuff at the register and walked away. All of the stuff I bought for him were adult sized... he called me from his phone and she just jumped to conclusions.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Replies (151-160):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I have read through all the responses...and I'm kind of amazed that so many people claim they would stay. The cashier storms off...no clue how long she's going to be, and at that point, you probably had no idea exactly why she stormed out. You have someone waiting for you, so you go ahead a leave the items you were trying to buy and try again some place else. This is exactly what I would do.

Then, later, you call to complain about how you were treated and find out then that the cashier took off to call the cops on you for leaving your child in the car. You explain what happened, they apologize for the confusion. I probably wouldn't shop there again either.

Op, you did nothing wrong. I actually think you handled it well. I guess you could have stayed and made a big stink about the cashier walking off on you, but why waste your time?

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 3:38 PM

The cashier was in the right.  If you hadn't done anything wrong why flee like you had and make yourself look guilty as hell.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2013 at 3:43 PM
How was she in the Right? She was calling the cops before she knew I left

Quoting fullxbusymom:

The cashier was in the right.  If you hadn't done anything wrong why flee like you had and make yourself look guilty as hell.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Yes she should have, for leaving what she figured a young child in the car.  That makes her in the right.  You should have waited. 

Quoting Anonymous: How was she in the Right? She was calling the cops before she knew I left

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
She should have asked first or used her brain.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Yes she should have, for leaving what she figured a young child in the car.  That makes her in the right.  You should have waited. 

Quoting Anonymous: How was she in the Right? She was calling the cops before she knew I left

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Why are you talking to people if you are so goddamn stupid?

Quoting Anonymous: Why did you leave, if you hadn't done anything wrong?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM

you're a moron.  Of course she wasn't right, how hard would it have been for her to utter the words "how old is your son?" before jumping to conclusions?

Do the world a favor and stfu.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:09 PM

and you should of used yours and stayed.

Quoting Anonymous: She should have asked first or used her brain.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Why waste my time?

Quoting fullxbusymom:

and you should of used yours and stayed.

Quoting Anonymous: She should have asked first or used her brain.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Oh I am shaking now, the big bad "ANON" lady told me to stfu.  No sorry I won't the OP is in the wrong and she shouldn't have left it would have been cleared up in under 3mins.  The cashier should have asked age but she didn't but it still could have been cleared up within a few mins. 

Quoting Anonymous:

you're a moron.  Of course she wasn't right, how hard would it have been for her to utter the words "how old is your son?" before jumping to conclusions?

Do the world a favor and stfu.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)