Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question for teen moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies

Was there anything your parents could have said or done differently to have prevented it? Want to know for my own kids.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AshleyMommi
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Nope. It definitely wasn't my parents fault.

I was hardheaded asshole of a teenager.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Yes, they could have actually been active parents and raised me. They were there, but they hardly gave me the right tools to navigate life. I had to figure it all out on my own. I wasn't a teen mom though, but I did get pregnant as a teen.

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:24 PM
As are all teens

Quoting AshleyMommi: Nope. It definitely wasn't my parents fault.

I was hardheaded asshole of a teenager.
mrsbrimer
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I was never grounded, put on time out, spanked, NOTHING. There was never a consequence for any of my actions since the day I was born. When I was with my boyfriend my mom would let him spend the night
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:26 PM

No, my parents never did anything wrong. Yes, they could have prevented it by not letting me leave the house, but that wouldn't have been good for me either. My case may be a little though different because my pregnany wasn't consentual. 

MrsNewman
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Probably not letting me spend 24.7 with my boyfriend at the age of 15 ... or waiting until I was already pregnant for the birth control talk. Or she could have just been a more involved parent all together.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Yes, they could have.

They could have realized that a long engagement (about 2 years) was actually a good idea and would not have made threats about putting my BF in jail. I would not have gotten knocked up so we could get married then (15 me, 18 him) and we would have waited and followed our original plans. 

imyourPuppy
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Are you still together?

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Yes, they could have.

They could have realized that a long engagement (about 2 years) was actually a good idea and would not have made threats about putting my BF in jail. I would not have gotten knocked up so we could get married then (15 me, 18 him) and we would have waited and followed our original plans. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:30 PM
No, my mom talked about everything with me and begged to take me to get birthcontrol when she knew i was seeing someone.
I was a good kid too. Got good grades, came home when I was supposed to, talked a lot with my parents, had a good relationship with my family and had a lot of friends.
I thought he used a condom. It was dumb, but it is what it is.
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:30 PM

no

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured