Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am making MYSELF happy this Christmas.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have a blended family.

Every year, I rush my boys through their Santa gifts so we can head over to my parents. Then, I rush through their presents so we can pick SD up @ noon... Every year. SD spends about an hour at our house and then is back at her mom's.

Not this year. I cannot make everyone happy but I can make MYSELF happy. This year, I'm taking my time with the boys in the morning. I'm leisurely going to my parents house and spending as much time as I can with them. If old man wants to come, he can. If not, he doesn't have to. If he wants to pick up SD @ noon and do Christmas alone - have at it.

I can't rush through another Christmas. It's miserable. Has anyone else decided to stop the rush and just enjoy?

I never make anyone happy, so I might as well make myself happy!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Why does SD only stay for an hour?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:25 PM
And we spread our holiday out. We do Christmas with one side and new years with the other
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:27 PM
She wants to hang out with her friends. Smh.

Quoting Mrs-Somerhalder: Why does SD only stay for an hour?
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I wonder why also...maybe he is far away and is due back before everyone turns into a pumpkin at the stroke if midnight. Holidays are divided up by morning, noon, and night...3 different places to be, my house, my parents house and whomever dh wants to see.

"I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts"  PresidentWilliam J. Clinton

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:31 PM
What does that mean?

She basically comes to get presents. That's kind of how they've raised her so she happily bounces from Mom's to her grandparents to our house and then goes to hang out with her friends. I can't hang.

Quoting Derari:

I wonder why also...maybe he is far away and is due back before everyone turns into a pumpkin at the stroke if midnight. Holidays are divided up by morning, noon, and night...3 different places to be, my house, my parents house and whomever dh wants to see.

Mrs.Jones2314
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:32 PM
We go to my husband's parents house on the 23rd, then on Christmas Eve in the afternoon we go to his granddad's house. Christmas Eve night, we go over to my aunts house, where my parents, brother, and grandparents will be. On Christmas morning it is just the four of us and we do all of our Christmas traditions together.
Clubpenguin
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I hope you and your boys enjoy christmas a lot more this year
mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Sounds good to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! I think we will! :)

Quoting Clubpenguin: I hope you and your boys enjoy christmas a lot more this year
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Unfortunately, both of us ONLY have Christmas day off.

Quoting Mrs.Jones2314: We go to my husband's parents house on the 23rd, then on Christmas Eve in the afternoon we go to his granddad's house. Christmas Eve night, we go over to my aunts house, where my parents, brother, and grandparents will be. On Christmas morning it is just the four of us and we do all of our Christmas traditions together.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN