Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't believe people are this greedy!*WAL MART STORY*

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:07 PM
  • 119 Replies

I honestly still can't believe what I witnessed tonight while shopping at WalMart.

I was standing in line, waiting my turn, when this little boy, who was 2 people ahead of me, stepped up to the counter.He looked to be around 10-11. He had a few games and a nerf gun and laid them down. The woman rang them up and it totaled about $60. The little boy started fumbling around in his pockets and laid a few dollars down. The cashier counted it, it was $12. The cashier told him he didn't have enough, he would have to put everything back but the 1 game.

The little boy started getting upset and saying how the stuff was for his little brothers, who didn't get any birthday presents this year so he wanted to make sure they had a good Christmas. An elderly woman who was directly behind the boy(just ahead of me) stepped up and asked what the total was for everything. The little boy started smiling, then got a weird look on his face just as a manager stepped up to him.

The manager asked him what he thought he was doing here again and the little boy told him that his mom made him come back again. He told the boy to leave and not to come back.

We were all standing there kind of confused until he turned to us and told us that This is the 4th-5th time that this boy has done this same routine that week. The first few times, he had gotten xbox games, movies, cds, and action figures.

Apparently this mom was making her son go into the store with a list of items and no money, and thus far had gotten at least $400 of merchandise because of people feeling sorry for the boy and stepping up to pay for everything.  They finally caught on to what was happening and told them not to come back.

I honestly just can't believe that people would prey on others giving nature like this. Even roping your children into it! People disgust me!

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jensep
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow...some people...

o.O....
by Cara on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Oh wow.... That's fucking low.
AnnaBright
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Wow.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

MAKES ME WONDER IF THE DUDE I PAID FOR STARBUCKS FOR THE OTHER DAY WAS PULLING THE SAME TRICK!!!!

#Hustled.

Lawdhavemercy2
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Holy shit! That poor kid. :(what a sorry excuse for a mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Holy shit! This is why I hate people
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:10 PM
3 moms liked this

It made me feel sorry for the kid. Poor thing doesn't stand a chance with a mom like that

Quoting Lawdhavemercy2: Holy shit! That poor kid. :(what a sorry excuse for a mom.

Qmama206
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:11 PM

that's awful 

CV3
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Thats awful
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Extremely, I just can't imagine

Quoting o.O....: Oh wow.... That's fucking low.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)