Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I sold my food stamps to give my kid Christmas AMA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
:) ask away.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Replies (201-205):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM
I am utilizing my time, I had an interview just this morning. Im on my phone, which only has 3 days left of service, I figured I'd better get the most out of it before it's gone.

Quoting Anonymous: No kidding?! Well if you're homeless how come you have all this time to be on computer on this website replying to all these posts? Utilize your time wisely. Look for a job and better your situation. I understand things happen. But being on Cafemom and writing these posts aren't helping your "situation". Nice to know taxpayers dollars that are for your foodstamps are being sold for cash.

Quoting Anonymous: It's a fact of life, there will always be homeless people.

Quoting Anonymous: There's always HOMELESS people on here! Quite interesting and trollish!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Yes, I already applied to walmart and shopko, Walmart is in need of overnight truck unloaders, i applied anyway, but unlikely they'll hire a pregnant woman for that.

Quoting Anonymous: Lots of jobs hire specifically before Christmas. RETAIL

Quoting Anonymous: Lmao why Detroit? And I have been trying. Not many jobs hiring right before Christmas.

Quoting jessicalahlah:

You must be in Detroit. Unbelievable. Get a job.

jessicalahlah
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM

That is where I am from, and that is what everyone does that gets assistance.

Quoting Anonymous: Lmao why Detroit? And I have been trying. Not many jobs hiring right before Christmas.

Quoting jessicalahlah:

You must be in Detroit. Unbelievable. Get a job.

Lilfootmommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Why ya gotta give pa recipients a bad name? You are just reinforcing the stereotypes
sweet_misery
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I was selfish walking away from a man that beat me after taking care of his Mom for 5yrz while she died from cancer, leaving me to save 4 girls from him. His own young sister and our daughters. Learn the story before you jump. My daughters went to school every day and stayed with people who loved them. They didn't know we were homeless.

Quoting Anonymous:

Being homeless is bringing a child into an unstable situation, regardless. So either way, it's selfish, and you were just as selfish.

Quoting sweet_misery: I agree with the Fs seller and I'm not afraid to not be annon

My daughters and I spent some time homeless last year. *long story* there was no way in hell I was allowing them to stay in a shelter. Notta. Thankfully I had people who were willing to either put all 4 of us up *3 daughters* occasionally and those that couldn't have all us stay at once we stayed those nights at different locations * I personally knew each person any of us stayed with. Unlike a shelter you never known who your kids will be around. I can understand having the child there with.you if no.one *family or friend * could put the child up, especially 1. But because I'm here, they're here. That's just selfishness having the child in a very unstable situation around a bunch of strangers.

Quoting Anonymous: Says the person selling food stamps.

Quoting Anonymous: Well I think that's selfish.

Quoting Anonymous: She's my child. I would want her wherever I am. If she's with my mom, then so am I. I'm in a shelter, so is she.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm not pawning him off. Would you really want to take your child to a shelter if his only relative is offering him something better?

Quoting Anonymous: I wouldn't know. I actually have my child with me. Not pawning her off on grandma.

Quoting Anonymous: I didn't sell the full amount just in case she needs it.

Quoting Anonymous: That's still not a valid reason. Jeez. I'm homeless. I'm not selling my stamps because she has to eat.

Quoting Anonymous: Because I don't have a job at the moment, I'm homeless, and my son is living with his grandma til I get my shit together. She cant afford much either.

Quoting Anonymous: Why?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured