Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTH did i just read? Mass email from another parent in my sons class. **UPDATE**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 444 Replies
4 moms liked this
I dont know how i feel about this, still just kinda like WTF is this?!? I recieved this email earlier today from another parent in my sons kindergarten class. After reading it, I got to thinking and a fee things started to "click". We just moved about a month ago so this is a new school for my ds5....since we moved my 5 yr old whose normally a easy going happy kid, the kid who is always the life of the party and has no problem meeting new people has been coming home in a terrible mood almost daily. He says things like "I hate school" or "there's mean kids there". This is beyond unusual for him! Well the other day I notice a huge scratch all the way across his back and he said a boy in his class kept pushing him down on the playground. Makes me wonder could it be THIS boy? And if so I can't say I blame the other parents that she refers to in this email for telling their children to stay away from hers. I'm not downplaying ANY special needs at all but this mom gives me the "my child is a precious snowflake" vibe and is using the "its not his fault" BS to excuse his behavior .

This is the email:

Hi everyone! I am K****'s mom K**. I just wanted to take a minute and let you know what's going on with him. I am sure in some form you have heard his name. Hopefully good but I have a feeling not. We went to see a neurologist to try to find out what is going on. He is such a sweet boy but just so impulsive! He constantly will pinch or fidget with his hands not trying to be mean but just does it. It is so annoying to some and hurts others and when he does hurt someone he will get so upset because that wasn't his intention!
I felt the need to let everyone know because being unaware makes it seem like this boy is a mean bratty bully which he is far from.  He is such a sweet and loving boy and  he just needs a little help I guess so he won't be so impulsive and wild. Our older son is being bully from a real bully so I understand how it is on the other side and I don't want any other child or parent to feel this way!  

So over spring break we will start K**** on a mild medicine. Hopefully this works with keeping the uncontrollable  impulse he has with his hands and fidgeting! You may wonder why I am including you all in our business but being a mom of a 5 year old that already parents won't let there kids sit with him or be next to him is very upsetting knowing on my side what I do for me and him.

I just want to apologise if K**** seemed unfriendly or mean or hurt anyone! He isn't an awnry mean hateful boy he is actually a loving boy that would do anything for anyone that just has a Ferrari engine with uncontrollable Chevy breaks! That's what the Dr told us (the last part)!

I just wanted you to know so in the mean time while we are working out the medicine deal, which by the way is so stressful for us to start, you would know this may not be a quick fix to a "normal" kid.

Thank you for reading and understanding hopefully!

K--

Eta: after I read this, I casually ask D's how school is going and who his friends are. So I say "what about K****, are y'all friends?" to which he replies "no I don't play with him because he yells at people all the time". So I see this an opportunity to encourage him to reach out and I say "well maybe he yells at the other kids because he's just lonely and doesn't have any friends? Sometimes when people get sad they act mean towards other people....maybe you could try to be friends/play with him?". Ds looked at me very seriously and said "no momma, I don't like him. I just don't want to talk to him. I'm not mean back, I just ignore him"

**Update** Thank you, thank you to all those who responded! It has been a little while and I still have not had the chance to meet her. (She has not been at any of the school functions thus far) However, good news is that things are definately looking up! My DS has befriended this other boy and they seem to get along great most days:) There are still a few times here and there where he will come home frustrated with "k" but i chalk it up to "k" still learning to control his impulses,etc. Hopefully it all works out and "k" can continue to make improvements interacting with the other kids. I gotta say I am so proud of munchkin and how he handled this situation, i honestly didnt think a few months back they would end up being friends.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Bump
TCup18
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:30 PM
91 moms liked this
I think it's nice of her to reach out and apologize to other parents. It sounds like they know there's a problem and they are trying to take care of it.
MiSs.SmOkEy
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:30 PM
19 moms liked this
I don't get it... what's your problem with it. Just seems like she is apologizing for his behavior and saying theu are working on it and trying to help him. I don't get snowflake reference in there I guess....
Lexa_Lee
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:31 PM
16 moms liked this
I'd email back and tell her that it's no excuse for shit behavior and if he touches my kid, my kid had full permission to beat the shit out of him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:31 PM
13 moms liked this
Why does it say spring break for the meds if you just got it? Wouldn't winter break make more sense?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Blah blah blah.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:32 PM
3 moms liked this

What an odd email. She certainly likes her exclamation points!!!

Awnry? 

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:32 PM
7 moms liked this
This.
Maybe a bit.of an.over share but it's more to let you know she's trying to help.

Quoting TCup18: I think it's nice of her to reach out and apologize to other parents. It sounds like they know there's a problem and they are trying to take care of it.
poietes
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:32 PM
13 moms liked this
I agree with the others. She is saying she knows there is a problem and they are on the path to correcting it. Where exactly do you get snowflake?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured