Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you get lonely?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
I live far away from family and the few friends I have. I don't work and I don't drive so I spend the bulk of my time alone at home. When my significant other is home the quality of time we spend together is crappy we don't talk much or do much. I spend most of my time just hanging out with the kids. I love them but sometimes I need an adult to talk to. Anyone else get this way
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM

why not join a moms group?

tashibaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I get lonely and my family is right down the street. Hun if you feel unhappy you need to fix it. It will only lead to worse things. Good luck!
bcoll
by Brandi on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM

We all need adult stimulation as well. Can you find a playgroup for the kids where you can chat with moms for a little while when the children play? Maybe take a class or hobby.

Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Back in the early days of our marriage, we only had one car and I was stuck out in the country with a newborn and no neighbors. I nearly went bonkers! But I understood that it was just a season of my life and wouldn't always be that way. I got through it. I gardened a lot, read a ton of books, and just concentrated on bonding with my baby. Of course, it probably helped that I am an introvert and prefer my own company. If your dh isnt that communicative with you, that's probably a sign that you need to really work at your relationship.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:39 AM
It's hard with me not driving to get out and meet anyone anywhere or go to anyone's house. I am so bad at making friends

Quoting bcoll:

We all need adult stimulation as well. Can you find a playgroup for the kids where you can chat with moms for a little while when the children play? Maybe take a class or hobby.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM
I know the feeling. DF is always busy, if he's not working, he is in his office...working. I get very lonely. I don't drive either, and I don't have very many friends. So most of the time the only conversation I have is with the animals... So yeah, I get get lonely...
orchardmoma
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Why not try to work on your relationship with your hubby? It would make my hubby sad if he knew I was feeling the way you felt

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:27 PM
I don't think my dh is capable of feeling sad. Nothing ever seems to bother him

Quoting orchardmoma:

Why not try to work on your relationship with your hubby? It would make my hubby sad if he knew I was feeling the way you felt

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM
I don't even have a pet. My life seriously consists of cleaning and child raising then bed. I love being a stay at home mom I just wish every now and again I could change things up

Quoting luvmybug: I know the feeling. DF is always busy, if he's not working, he is in his office...working. I get very lonely. I don't drive either, and I don't have very many friends. So most of the time the only conversation I have is with the animals... So yeah, I get get lonely...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:29 PM
We are about to have our third child and I just feel like I'll never have an adult conversation again

Quoting Leissaintexas: Back in the early days of our marriage, we only had one car and I was stuck out in the country with a newborn and no neighbors. I nearly went bonkers! But I understood that it was just a season of my life and wouldn't always be that way. I got through it. I gardened a lot, read a ton of books, and just concentrated on bonding with my baby. Of course, it probably helped that I am an introvert and prefer my own company. If your dh isnt that communicative with you, that's probably a sign that you need to really work at your relationship.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN