Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Christmas List on a $80 budget

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
To start, yes, we did save for Christmas and $80 is what we were able to save after all our bills and making huge payments to reduce our debts and saving for a down payment on a house.

So, we have 3 kids, 4, 2 and 3 mos. Here is what we got them:

DD (4): The Little Mermaid movie, ballerina "barbie", jumbo box of crayons, coloring book.
DS(2): Bubble Guppies movie, toy cars, jumbo box crayons, Coloring book.
DS (3 mos): Stuffed elephant teething ball.

It's also DS (2) birthday Christmas Eve so we got him a Captain America doll.

I got some of their little friends small gifts from the Dollar Tree and I made our family gifts with crochet, slippers for my MIL, bows and hats for the kids, leg warmers for my sisters and mom and golf hats for the men.

I think I did okay. But I do feel kinda bad we couldn't save more. Hopefully next year we can save a little more.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Sounds good.

Kylie819
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Sounds like you did a great job on your budget.
kld10811
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I feel you there mama. We couldn't do all that we wanted for our DD this year.

as for family members I'm making a hand print mold of DD's hand for MIL and not sure what I'm doing for everybody else yet. Probably baking.. I dont get paid til saturday and even then I'll have 120$ for groceries and last min shopping. We just gotta remember its not all about the gifts.

mtdew
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM

You did a good job with the budget you had! 

Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Sounds fine to me. Something is better than nothing right? Nice you got all that for $80.
MamaCat1121
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you did great, people get too caught up in the amount of gifts rather than the meaning of Christmas. But I think you did great and the kids / family will love everything you got!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Thanks! I was feeling guilty as I was wrapping last night.

Quoting Kylie819: Sounds like you did a great job on your budget.
KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM
I include christmas in my budget each month so that i can afford Christmas. I buy my daughter's gifts starting in January and it makes it more affordable for me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Amazon and Wal-Mart. Lol.

Quoting Cozie_Sisika458: Sounds fine to me. Something is better than nothing right? Nice you got all that for $80.
JoanahLee
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I think what you have sounds lovely.  Your kids will enjoy their gifts and your family will have wonderful, thoughtful handmade items.   Nothing to complain about in my book. 

If we wanted to we could drop a chunk of cash on christmas without putting ourselves in hot water, but our kids are young and don't need anything, so we spent about $40 per kid and got them a few nice things and called it a day. Kids don't need hundreds of dollars of gifts to have a nice christmas. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)