Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Its finally happening!!!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:36 AM
  • 24 Replies

Mobile Photo

After my MIL cut DD1's bangs 3 years ago (she was maybe 20 months?) while DH and I ran to the store, DD1 has decided she is ready to not have bangs! Before now, she always said she liked having them so we never questioned her.

Don't get me wrong, she's adorable either way, but I've never been a huge fan of bangs in general, so I'm excited she wants to grow them out. I think we'll have more options now. This morning, she even asked me to pull them back for her (she put the bow in her hair, lol).

Oh and the pout is because her elf on the shelf didn't leave a treat :P
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Awwww I love her pout she's adorable op
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM
And no, we don't really allow any alone time with MIL anymore because we can't trust her not to cut the kids' hair, feed them 4+ cookies (no that's not an exaggeration), etc.
thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM

LOL how cute.

MamaCat1121
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:39 AM

awww how cute :)

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:39 AM

My MIL takes my daughter to the hair stylist without telling us....Finally told her I don't MIND, but please consult with me.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I do too!!! She makes it hard to say no when she pouts like there, lol

Quoting Anonymous: Awwww I love her pout she's adorable op
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM
My MIL was taking her into the bathroom, and getting her to stay still and quiet because she didn't like the hair in her face (instead of just pulling it back like a sane person, she cut it?!)

She doesn't respect us as parents and thinks she knows better, so we don't bring the kids around much. Hell, my almost 2 year old isn't allowed to be around her alone EVER because of crap like that.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

My MIL takes my daughter to the hair stylist without telling us....Finally told her I don't MIND, but please consult with me.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Kinda had that issue as well which was exacerbated by the fact that we had to live with her for about 9 months...I finally lost my shit on her one day and we've been FINE ever since.

I'm so, so, so even-tempered which I pride myself upon but when you cross that line repeatedly and I lose it....you better fuckin' run.

Quoting robibuni: My MIL was taking her into the bathroom, and getting her to stay still and quiet because she didn't like the hair in her face (instead of just pulling it back like a sane person, she cut it?!)

She doesn't respect us as parents and thinks she knows better, so we don't bring the kids around much. Hell, my almost 2 year old isn't allowed to be around her alone EVER because of crap like that.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

AVE SATANAS!
readyforhim
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:45 AM

She's cute

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:47 AM
We're lucky we live an hour or so away from her...I couldn't live with her, ever. My SIL (33), and all 5 of her kids live with her though and my MIL relishes in getting to be "mom" again and hates that she can't be "mom" to my kids.

Since we stopped coming around, she doesn't show up for birthday parties, doesn't even call to say hi, etc. DH tries to handle her but there are times even he just throws his arms up out of frustration.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Kinda had that issue as well which was exacerbated by the fact that we had to live with her for about 9 months...I finally lost my shit on her one day and we've been FINE ever since.

I'm so, so, so even-tempered which I pride myself upon but when you cross that line repeatedly and I lose it....you better fuckin' run.

Quoting robibuni: My MIL was taking her into the bathroom, and getting her to stay still and quiet because she didn't like the hair in her face (instead of just pulling it back like a sane person, she cut it?!)

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)