Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you have a Chi...

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM
  • 24 Replies
Is it worth the money? Does it do a better job or last longer than a $20 straightener from Target?

Mine just died. It was a Remington Nano Silver. It lasted about 5 years and worked well. I can get a Chi for about $50 after discounts at my work, but if its not going to be much of a difference from what I had, I'll just stick with the Remington.

I know its nothing juicy but I figured I'd get the most help in here. Thanks!
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liveforever
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Bump!
tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:56 AM
I have no idea I have never had a chi but I have a Remington from Wal-Mart its was around $40. I love it!
liveforever
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:01 PM
I found the Remington I have on Amazon for $20, just the newer slim version. I just hear so much about the Chi I was curious. My hair is fine,but has some curl so I don't need anything too heavy duty.

Quoting tnt-manda: I have no idea I have never had a chi but I have a Remington from Wal-Mart its was around $40. I love it!
Arib107
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I love my chi I've had it 3 years (:
M0M0F03
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I thought you meant a chihuahua...lol

kristen0812
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Nothing but a chi straightens my hair but I have really thick and curly hair. I've had so many straighteners but I believe the chi is worth the money.
tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Mine is a wide one and I have pretty frizzy hair. Like I said I love it, but I dont have a chi to compare it to. I had a friend who always bought chi, they were always breaking but then again she was sharing it with her 4 teenage girls.

Quoting liveforever: I found the Remington I have on Amazon for $20, just the newer slim version. I just hear so much about the Chi I was curious. My hair is fine,but has some curl so I don't need anything too heavy duty.

Quoting tnt-manda: I have no idea I have never had a chi but I have a Remington from Wal-Mart its was around $40. I love it!
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I bought my Remington on clearance at Target for $10. It's lasted me nearly 3 years but I don't have INSANELY curly hair...just puffy and frizzy.

My niece has a Chi and loves hers. She has crazy thick hair and has had it for a while. I've contemplated buying one myself...but since I have the perfectly working Remington, I feel no real need for it.

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I've had mine for over a decade. I'm not a daily user, but it's been dropped a million times and keeps working. I'd pay $100 for one again and feel like I was getting my money's worth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:12 PM

hell yes it's worth every penny. It's total ceramic (not just ceramic covered). It is better to use on your hair than a cheap iron. And the lasting effect it has on your hair is incredible. I highly recommend buying a hot iron like a Chi. Chi is probably only of the cheaper brands... I found mine for $100. Also comes with a two year warranty. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)