Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it worth the money? Does it do a better job or last longer than a $20 straightener from Target?

Mine just died. It was a Remington Nano Silver. It lasted about 5 years and worked well. I can get a Chi for about $50 after discounts at my work, but if its not going to be much of a difference from what I had, I'll just stick with the Remington.

I know its nothing juicy but I figured I'd get the most help in here. Thanks!
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Replies (21-24):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:48 PM
They have a lifetime warranty so that is worth it to me. Also, my hair is the same texture as an African American woman's hair, so I need that high heat to even touch the frizz and courseness.
The only thing I don't like about it is that is doesn't have a temperature setting button, it just gets super hot and that's it. So I have to be careful with my bangs
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM

My DI@ swears by her Chi. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Yes, I do think they are worth the money. I had mine since 2010 but it broke last week, and I think I'm going to buy another. I have used other straighteners but I definitely prefer the chi.
liveforever
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Quoting Anonymous: They have a lifetime warranty so that is worth it to me. Also, my hair is the same texture as an African American woman's hair, so I need that high heat to even touch the frizz and courseness.
The only thing I don't like about it is that is doesn't have a temperature setting button, it just gets super hot and that's it. So I have to be careful with my bangs

Oooo I thought they had adjustable temp controls. My hair is fine and doesnt need the extreme heat to straighten. Id just fry it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured