Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do YOU have a unique name?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If so lets see it.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Replies (581-590):
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll take it. Most people mess it up because when they see it they think of Alicia Keys. 

Quoting Zazayam:

Oh, lol. Sorry! That was my second guess, if that counts for anything...

Quoting AliKatAK47: Yes, Yes you are.

It's Ah-lee-cee-ah

Quoting Zazayam:

How do you butcher that? Am I butchering it? Uh-lee-sha?

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Nope. Just plain Alicia. 

People sure butcher the pronunciation though so I guess its rare to them.

autiemama516
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Quoting Anonymous: There is a kid in my sons class named "Corter".

Quoting autiemama516:

I don't but a young man in my daughters class is named Magnificent.

Was it Carter gone wrong? Or did they mean Quarter? Holy cow!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 84 on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Not Carter. It is pronounced "Quarter" lol

Quoting autiemama516:

Quoting autiemama516:

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:22 PM

It's unique just old fashioned. My name is Ellen

autiemama516
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Not Carter. It is pronounced "Quarter" lol

Quoting autiemama516:

Quoting autiemama516:

Dear Lord I feel sorry for that young man. When I was in the hospital giving birth to dd there was a woman in the other room who named her son Precious Jewel and the last name was king. LOL
Alana1303
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 10:06 PM
It's pretty with an "i". Do people mispronouce and spell your name wrong? I hate telling people my name over the phone. They always think my name starts with an "e"!

Quoting momof2891: Mine too but it's spelled Alaina!! You are the first person over the age of 18 that has the same name.

Quoting Alana1303: Growing up my name was very uncommon. Now it's more popular but I've never met anyone who pronouced and spelled it like mine. It's Alana. ( Uh-lane-nuh ) I was named after my uncle Alan who has special needs.
superwoman8977
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Traci spelled with an I

momof2891
by Gold Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Thank you! And yes!! I have heard some interesting ways and the most common is Elaina. Sorry but its Alaina. I have gotten to the point where I just spell it for people over the phone. It's easier.

Quoting Alana1303: It's pretty with an "i". Do people mispronouce and spell your name wrong? I hate telling people my name over the phone. They always think my name starts with an "e"!

Quoting momof2891: Mine too but it's spelled Alaina!! You are the first person over the age of 18 that has the same name.

Quoting Alana1303: Growing up my name was very uncommon. Now it's more popular but I've never met anyone who pronouced and spelled it like mine. It's Alana. ( Uh-lane-nuh ) I was named after my uncle Alan who has special needs.
Alana1303
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 10:23 PM
I agree it is easier to just go ahead and spell it. But I secretly wish they would not act like my name is so difficult. Lol! My best friends step dad still calls me Elaina! He has known me 20 years and still messes it up!

Quoting momof2891: Thank you! And yes!! I have heard some interesting ways and the most common is Elaina. Sorry but its Alaina. I have gotten to the point where I just spell it for people over the phone. It's easier.

Quoting Alana1303: It's pretty with an "i". Do people mispronouce and spell your name wrong? I hate telling people my name over the phone. They always think my name starts with an "e"!

momof2891
by Gold Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Most of my family and friends call me Lanie. The only two people I can think of that call me Alaina are my dad's parents. My grandma refused to call me Lanie. I miss her.

Quoting Alana1303: I agree it is easier to just go ahead and spell it. But I secretly wish they would not act like my name is so difficult. Lol! My best friends step dad still calls me Elaina! He has known me 20 years and still messes it up!

Quoting momof2891: Thank you! And yes!! I have heard some interesting ways and the most common is Elaina. Sorry but its Alaina. I have gotten to the point where I just spell it for people over the phone. It's easier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)