Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I know this group is filled with drama seekers but honestly I need support

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Ds's Dr called me today and asked me to come in this morning. We went over lab work and stuff. Dr told me my son has pica. And he was just going on about safety and other stuff. Now I know pica is no big deal but it is to me. He upgraded from being a goat to having pica. It hurts to see my son eating stuff he is not supposed too. Right before his dr's appointment last week he ate some bathroom cleaner. That was the last straw. I cried. It's scary what he eats and I do my very best to put stuff up. Paper especially. To actually know what he has is a relief but it scares me to death I have to be a helicopter parent now because he might find something and eat it. Mommas I am scared
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM
4 moms liked this

Time to invest in some SERIOUS cabinetry locks and do a full sweep of the house, involve your son so he knows he's not in trouble and have him gather items he feel he may be tempted to eat.

lillettemomma
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM
I have worked with kids that have pica and it's hard gotta watch them every second.... but i have also known kids that have out grown it usually by age six
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM
I really do hope he grows out of it

Quoting lillettemomma: I have worked with kids that have pica and it's hard gotta watch them every second.... but i have also known kids that have out grown it usually by age six
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Ya I stopped at a hardware store and bought locks. Going through the house with him is a great idea :)

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Time to invest in some SERIOUS cabinetry locks and do a full sweep of the house, involve your son so he knows he's not in trouble and have him gather items he feel he may be tempted to eat.

Cmgmqmmom
by Sass Queen on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I'm sorry you are going through this. I would say you need to invest in some hard core locks and safety implements to keep all the obvious dangerous stuff away. Good luck.

Mena929
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM

scary. hope you are able to get everything locked up safely so it doesn't get eaten.

orchardmoma
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I'm sorry that your dealing with that. Pica is associated with anxiety right? Are you againts medicating him? Or is he too young? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Upgraded from being a goat? What does that mean?
MamaCat1121
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I agree with the others...start locking everything you can. Getting him involved in it helps that way he knows he's not in trouble but htat its to keep him healthy and safe.

good luck momma :)

incogNinja
by Whofflé on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Wow that is scary. Sorry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)