Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I know this group is filled with drama seekers but honestly I need support

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ds's Dr called me today and asked me to come in this morning. We went over lab work and stuff. Dr told me my son has pica. And he was just going on about safety and other stuff. Now I know pica is no big deal but it is to me. He upgraded from being a goat to having pica. It hurts to see my son eating stuff he is not supposed too. Right before his dr's appointment last week he ate some bathroom cleaner. That was the last straw. I cried. It's scary what he eats and I do my very best to put stuff up. Paper especially. To actually know what he has is a relief but it scares me to death I have to be a helicopter parent now because he might find something and eat it. Mommas I am scared
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Replies (11-18):
ChicagoMimi
by Mimi on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Have his iron levels checked. Some studies have linked pica with an iron deficiency

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM
It was a small joke. I called him a goat most of the time because he truely acted like one. Now we know what he has exactly we can quit calling him a goat lol

Quoting Anonymous: Upgraded from being a goat? What does that mean?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Ya. It's not his iron levels. It's that he has a mineral definicy so we have to do our best to make sure he has to get that mineral.

Quoting ChicagoMimi:

Have his iron levels checked. Some studies have linked pica with an iron deficiency

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Lol! I thought it was a medical term I had never heard of!

Quoting Anonymous: It was a small joke. I called him a goat most of the time because he truely acted like one. Now we know what he has exactly we can quit calling him a goat lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Im sorry. My ODS still does things like this. But not eating them. He will lick the toilet seat. And chew batteries. I never know what he has in his mouth. It freaks me out, I have to watch him constantly.

We need to get him evaluated, and I need to make it a priority.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Lololololololool oh no! That would be a cool medical problem though lol

Quoting Anonymous: Lol! I thought it was a medical term I had never heard of!

Quoting Anonymous: It was a small joke. I called him a goat most of the time because he truely acted like one. Now we know what he has exactly we can quit calling him a goat lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:56 PM
In all seriousness though, I hope you all hang in there and find a resolution soon!

Quoting Anonymous: Lololololololool oh no! That would be a cool medical problem though lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Thanks. We hope he out grows this

Quoting Anonymous: In all seriousness though, I hope you all hang in there and find a resolution soon!

Quoting Anonymous: Lololololololool oh no! That would be a cool medical problem though lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)