Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh child you are going to be the death of me.

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:30 PM
  • 4 Replies
Or at least the cause of getting my ass kicked.

My oldest is five. He has Autism. He is completely logical and understand very little of social propriety. His ABA therapist and I are working on it a lot. But it is a process.

Monday night he described his lunch lady as a large round girl with a big round head. Oh an she is HUGE! (His words). But apparently he adores this lady. I told him those were not nice words and he shouldn't say then to people.

He had therapy yesterday. Apparently they PT or OT area has a new therapist. He is a little person. Well my son informed he that he was a little grown up and he looked weird (his therapist was like kill me now). She took him out of the situation and told him those were very mean words and that he hurt the man's feelings. My son went in and told him he was sorry for saying mean words.

Then proceeds to say that next year he will be six and add tall as this guy.

This child is going to get me in trouble with his mouth. He is not being rude (in his mind), just trying the truth. I hope we get through to him quickly before he says to someone who takes serious offense. His therapist is coming up with some social stories and routes we can take to curb this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:13 PM
If they work with him regularly I'm sure they understand. And it's not like they don't know what they look like. Since there is no mean intent behind the words they would be silly to have hurt feelings over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:18 PM
At least his therapist understands. We were at the grocery store and a rather large lady ahead of ua in a motorized cart was blocking the aisle. As we waited to pass, he asked rather loudly why that lady had boobs on her back...
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Yeah his therapist understands my no filter child. The other therapist said he figured if he was going to work with kids, he would hear things like that often.

Quoting Anonymous: At least his therapist understands. We were at the grocery store and a rather large lady ahead of ua in a motorized cart was blocking the aisle. As we waited to pass, he asked rather loudly why that lady had boobs on her back...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN