Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My life is over!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

I am in need of some advice and tips on how to achieve beautifully healthy clear glowing skin. Since I was about 10 years old I have suffered with acne. Acne on my face, shoulders, back and chest. I've tired a number of over the counter face and body washes with no luck. My main problem is that I have very enlarged pores on my nose, cheeks, forhead and chin. Looks like someone took a pen and just dotted all over those areas. I also have problems with pimples that will form under the skin on my hairline on my forehead and on my jaw line. My skin overall is very dry or at least that's the way it feels even though people always say I look shiny. My face will look and feel dry but as the day goes on it becomes oily. 

For the past two years I have been washing my face every morning and every night with Olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin. In the morning after washing my face I will apply a tiny amount of olay complete daily mositurizer w/spf15. at night i will use the olay fortified mositure night time cream after I wash my face. It didn't really do much for me. After washing my face in the morning it feels very dry and then I apply the face lotion to help undry it but I feel like it just sits on top of my skin. I tried the olay pore minimizing/blackhead earser to help with the enlarged pores/blackheads on my nose, cheeks, forhead and chin. I used it for about 2 weeks but it wasn't working. My pores were still very large and my skin became irrated. It dried my face out way too much. When that failed I tried the biore pore strips. I used those for about two weeks before my skin became irrated. 

I started looking beyond face washes. Started looking into my diet. I cut out all caffinee because I heard caffinee can cause acne. Stopped eating chocolate and drinking soda. Started drinking two to three more than usual bottles of water a day. Increased the amount of fresh fruits and veggies I was eating. Started washing my pillow cases at least once a week because I heard that oils from your hair an be absobed into your pillow case while you sleep and then you rub your face on it transferring the oils to your face clogging your pores. None of this helped at all.

Well about three weeks ago I read an artical online that talked about how organic raw honey was a great way to clear acne. I went to the store and bought a bottle of that. I washed my face with the honey every morning and very night using only the honey. although it did a great job at smoothing out my skin it didn't really do anything for my acne. In fact it made it worse. my pores seem larger and I developed this very large red bumps on my jaw line and neck that were very painful. I tried popping them but nothing but clear stuff came out. They instantly scabbed over after being popped. I stopped using the face wash and went back to my old routine two days ago. 

Feel like I'm at my wits end. I don't know what else to do. please anyone if you have any ideas, stories or advice I'd love to hear them.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Try apple cider vinegar diluted with water

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I never had acne but have you tried Proactive. 

http://www.proactiv.com/

Hopefully someone else can help you better than I can....GL

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Idk...the raw honey is doing wonders for my skin but still pretty shitty and I've suffered with acne like you have. After I have this baby I'm thinking about going on accutane...it's pretty much the only option left for me
katrina.0822
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:16 PM

You should ask to see a dermatologist! You're obviously a candidate seeing how you've tried many different methods. Have you tried Pro-active? I have never had "bad" skin but during my awkward time in HS it worked for me.

But a dermatologist can help you. Maybe you need to do a dermal peel or an intensive treatment or something. My friend Kyle in HS had nice skin until he started playing football then his cheeks were bright red with pimples and black heads and they helped him out with that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:16 PM

the only thing that worked for me was a pill prescribed by my dermatologist! I highly recommend seeing one. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM

proactive didn't work for me, it made me break out more... and caused rashes 

The only thing that ever worked for me was a pill given to me by my dermatologist!

Quoting katrina.0822:

You should ask to see a dermatologist! You're obviously a candidate seeing how you've tried many different methods. Have you tried Pro-active? I have never had "bad" skin but during my awkward time in HS it worked for me.

But a dermatologist can help you. Maybe you need to do a dermal peel or an intensive treatment or something. My friend Kyle in HS had nice skin until he started playing football then his cheeks were bright red with pimples and black heads and they helped him out with that.

katrina.0822
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I'd say go again and demand help. Tell them you've tried every herbal remedy, chemical remedy on the shelf and nothing helps.

Quoting Anonymous:

proactive didn't work for me, it made me break out more... and caused rashes 

The only thing that ever worked for me was a pill given to me by my dermatologist!

Quoting katrina.0822:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I've tried that before, along wtih proactive, and it didn't work! I have also tried honey and lemon.. lol. 

Like i said to the other posters, only  the pill worked for me. I know everyone is different though! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Try apple cider vinegar diluted with water

Syphon
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Go to a dermatologist.  Retin A along with Atralin gel would probably help.  

nverheyn2011
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I wish I could help! I had really bad skin too growing up and into my late teens. It finally cleared up on its own after becoming pregnant at 20. I use St Ives Apricot scrub and it works wonders for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured