Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH says I'm lazy but I'm constantly cleaning!

I clean all the time. We have 4 girls. He says all I do all day is sit on my ass. But somehow he gets three meals a day, everything is clean. I even sweep our all tile house probably 20x a day and mop it w a bleach solution to sanitize it. I even move all the furniture, and sweep and mop under all the couches, tv stands etc on a daily. Im exhausted. I take care of the girls.I even do his laundry. He doesn't lift a finger around here. And now our sewer line broke and were dealing with unwanted "pests." So not only does he not help me deal with the vile things,he runs away, and tells me its my responsibility because I'm the woman and I don't do shit all day. So I'm constantly busy. I'm on break from school. And my job is slow right now (private caregiver)Even when I was working and going to school he didn't help.

Our kids are 9, 8, 3, 1.

Ugh I guess I'm just venting......anyway carry on.

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:02 PM
This!

Quoting Anonymous:

So go on strike.  If he assumes you sit on your ass all day, sit on your ass for a few days and let him see how things get done. 

Schizomom91
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Stop doing everything. .. then he'll see.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM

It's not so much what you do all day that stands out to me...its the fact that your husband sounds like a MAJOR ASS to say such things.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I would go on strike and let him see exactly what happens when you "don't do shit all day". What an ass you married.  He needs a slap upside his head with at mop of yours!

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM

What bugs, exactly?

Quoting 4Littleflowers: I wish I could. I'm so paranoid about our bug situation that I'm cleaning even more.

Quoting Krysta622: Stop for a day. He'll see what you do when you stop doing it.

4Littleflowers
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM
The sewer line broke so roaches were coming up the drains. We blocked all the drains. And then they started finding other ways in. The lady below us ( we live in a duplex) has them worse. All her carpet is soaked. This is a gd mess. Tree roots grew in the pipe and baked up all the sewage into both our apts. The landlord isn't doing anything. ....sooooo pissed

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

What bugs, exactly?

Quoting 4Littleflowers: I wish I could. I'm so paranoid about our bug situation that I'm cleaning even more.

Quoting Krysta622: Stop for a day. He'll see what you do when you stop doing it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM

You are on break from school so take a break for a week; do exactly what he thinks you do all day sit on your ass. He'll soon realize that you do a lot. I was a SAHM to two toddlers my dh would pay lip service to what I did everyday but I could tell he honestly thought it was nothing. Then I went to work and he stayed home guess what two weeks in and he was kissing my ass telling me how sorry he was for being a jerk that what I did is much harder than any job he'd ever had. Now 6 months later he's begging me to go back to being a SAHM because he can't cut it as a SAHD.

mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM
He's a douche
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM
"Fall" and "sprain" your ankle. Put your leg up and let HIM do it.

Df told me I'm lazy and sit on my butt all day back in July.

Next day I fell and broke both feet and my left ankle.

Df apologized the day I got home from the hospital and has pretty much apologize daily since.

He said he didn't realize how much there it's to do because someone has always done it.. just not him.

Eta: I still can't stand or walk long enough to do anything so df is still cleaning the majority daily.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Call the city and find out who you complain to.  They'll get on your landlord.  

Quoting 4Littleflowers: The sewer line broke so roaches were coming up the drains. We blocked all the drains. And then they started finding other ways in. The lady below us ( we live in a duplex) has them worse. All her carpet is soaked. This is a gd mess. Tree roots grew in the pipe and baked up all the sewage into both our apts. The landlord isn't doing anything. ....sooooo pissed

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

What bugs, exactly?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)