Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If there was a god lice wouldn't exist.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

I am so sick of my daughter getting lice. There's been an "infestiation" in her school since last year, she got it twice and we managed to get rid of it. Then we went all winter, spring, and summer without her getting it and two weeks after school started back this year she and almost every other girl in her class had it again. Even with spraying tea tree oil on her head, using tea tree shampoo, and coconut conditioner. She hasn't had bugs but the nits are insane. I think the oil kills the nits but they're still stuck to her. Her hair is so thick its so hard to comb but I manage to do it but they don't come out. I lathered her head in mayonase today and covered it with a shower cap, let it sit for 3 hours, rinsed and combed with a metal comb. STILL there. If you pull aside half of her hair it looks like she has snowflakes or something. It's awful. Still not bugs, I've checked and checked, but I need these nits gone, they keep getting worse. I've also washed and cleaned all the linens, animals, and hats. I don't know what else to do. I know there are ways to get rid of the bugs like prescription medicine, and listernine has worked wonders in the past, but I need ways to get rid of these nits.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymom0707
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Flea would not exist either, we are having so much trouble with them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Get a robi comb
Nika87
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Stupid question coming your way...what are nits?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:43 PM

That was my dog over summer. Hate those fuckers.

Quoting countrymom0707: Flea would not exist either, we are having so much trouble with them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Lice eggs.

Quoting Nika87: Stupid question coming your way...what are nits?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:44 PM

what is that?

Quoting Anonymous: Get a robi comb

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Try cetaphil

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Orange oil is better for lice prevention than tea tree oil.
Try Quit Nits. Works great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Pediatricians prescribe lice killing shampoos. We got rid of them easily that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Is there any place in your area that delouses people? Like a special salon that focuses on lice? I've heard of people saying they have them but only people in cities. The lice have to be somewhere for the nits to be that bad. Eggs don't appear without an adult to lay them. My kids had it 2x this year from a place they went while with their father. Its always fun getting your kids back then having to kill bugs and pick them out of their hair :(. Good luck I hope you get them out soon
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)