Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The scarist thing just happened!!! WTF

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:43 PM
  • 43 Replies

I live three houses down from a school bus stop, my Dh,DD and myself were all taking a nap when we woke up hearing a small child crying. It wasn't DD she was in bed with us. Dh runs downstairs and finds a very young girl standing in the doorway crying.

The bus driver dropped her off withour having someone at the stop to pick her up and she had no idea where she was. We called the police and they came and picked her up and will be trying to find her mother. This poor baby is only 6 years old.

All I could think of is what if we hadn't been home? It is cold out, she was hungery, and she was so scared!! I know that there is supposed to be someone at the bus stop to pick up small children and if there isn't the bus is supposed to bring the child back to the school and call someone to come pick them up.

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mericanbelle18
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg!!! Thank god she was at your door and not a crazy persons! I'm so glad you were there to help; I can't imagine what her poor mom is/was going through! :(
blue-heart
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow that is scary. Glad you found her and not some nut job.
jonsgirl99
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I broke down crying after the police picked her up. All I could think about was mu dd and how worried and scared I would be if that had happened with her.

Quoting mericanbelle18: Omg!!! Thank god she was at your door and not a crazy persons! I'm so glad you were there to help; I can't imagine what her poor mom is/was going through! :(

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM
A good reason for parents to have some sort of tag or key chain with the child's info on it! I would be a very furious parent if I was her mother!!!
Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Well, thank God she came to your house and not some nutjobs house. 

Heads would be rolling if that were my kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Poor girl.
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:52 PM
That is scary. That happened to my autistic daughter when the bus speed dd off 30 mins early, because apparently the driver did the route backwards for some reason (dd was the last stop) well dd got confused and lost and didn't recognize where she was. She ended up down the road at a gas station where another mom saw her and helped her get home. I was so pissed. Dd doesn't ride the bus anymore cause the driver made dd get off the bus 3 times at locations where dd had no clue where she was.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:52 PM

oh that poor little girl! 

Once my son fell asleep on the bus and the bus driver didn't see him in his seat so he assumed he wasn't on the bus and he drove him all the way to the bus barn. I called the bus barn right as soon as the bus passed my house and i had to wait almost an hour to pick him up from the bus barn because they couldn't find him until he got there.

Then another time, my son accidentally got on the wrong bus and when I called the bus barn yet again because the bus driver drove passed without stopping...  they radio'd all the bus drivers, and the bus drivers asked if my son was on their bus, he didn't hear them say his name, so he didn't speak up.. Finally, when the bus driver of the bus he was on got done with her route, she realized she had my son! lol! So I had to pick him up again at the bus barn! smh. 

Luckily, there's been no more incidents or anything scarier happen! But I do remember being very panicked! lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Must be nice to nap during the day.

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Someone would be fired! I don't meet my 2nd grader at the stop, I sit on my porch and let her have her moment lol, the bus driver came to me and specifically asked if she was allowed to get off with no adult at the stop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)