Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just signed the paperwork to get my tubes tied...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies
And im scared. Ive heard a lot of horrible stories about the pain afterwards and painful menstrual cycle ect ect. I know it is 200% what I want but im scared.

I should add that im having a csec so I expect recovery to be painful but im more concerned about how it will effect me afterwards.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I got mine done during my last c-section.

It's the biggest regret of my life.  Not because I want more children but because of how different it made me feel.  

Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:57 PM
I had mine tied. On my way home I picked up 6w old twins a 3yo and a 4 yo. Got home and went back to life as normal.
A few months later is when I started having issues. I was one of the unlucky ones who got ptls. I know over 20 women who have had theirs tied and I'm the only one who had ptls. I recently had them untied.
I think having an issue after is rare. Do what you feel is best but don't be afraid of recovery because its an easy recovery. Good luck :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Biggest mistake I ever made. Good luck.
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Eh. I had slight discomfort and bleeding after mine.
Can't say what my periods are like though. I haven't had one since September 14 2012.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Thanks

Quoting Anonymous: I had mine tied. On my way home I picked up 6w old twins a 3yo and a 4 yo. Got home and went back to life as normal.

A few months later is when I started having issues. I was one of the unlucky ones who got ptls. I know over 20 women who have had theirs tied and I'm the only one who had ptls. I recently had them untied.

I think having an issue after is rare. Do what you feel is best but don't be afraid of recovery because its an easy recovery. Good luck :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Did having them untied help the ptls?

My recovery was vicious. I couldn't walk for 2 days. I've suffered every day since that God awful surgery.

Quoting Anonymous: I had mine tied. On my way home I picked up 6w old twins a 3yo and a 4 yo. Got home and went back to life as normal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I've known people who have regretted it, not because of issues, because they say they are less then a woman. Me personally after this child is here, I am getting it done. I'm sure I don't want anymore pregnacies and babies... 

PaganKitty67
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM
It didn't bother me. Had some pain for a couple weeks. Periods have been lighter cramping a bit better or not at all some months. Hope you have a good outcome. Not everyone had a bad experience.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM
did that help?

I'm desperate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:02 PM
What do thry mean by less than a woman? I wonder.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've known people who have regretted it, not because of issues, because they say they are less then a woman. Me personally after this child is here, I am getting it done. I'm sure I don't want anymore pregnacies and babies... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)