Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just signed the paperwork to get my tubes tied...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And im scared. Ive heard a lot of horrible stories about the pain afterwards and painful menstrual cycle ect ect. I know it is 200% what I want but im scared.

I should add that im having a csec so I expect recovery to be painful but im more concerned about how it will effect me afterwards.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
KikiB85
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I almost did but side affects scare me and after all these comments im glad I didn't sign them.
KikiB85
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I almost did but side affects scare me and after all these comments im glad I didn't sign them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:06 PM
I'm due for a hysterectomy next year for the ptls. I may consider this option. 6 to 9 er visits a year for my period is getting ridiculous.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes it helped by my first cycle. My ptls was so bad they were talking about a hysterectomy. I'm only 28 and wanted my uterus still. I no longer have masses, cysts, uteran thickening or excess tubal fluid build up.

Quoting Anonymous: Did having them untied help the ptls?

My recovery was vicious. I couldn't walk for 2 days. I've suffered every day since that God awful surgery.

Quoting Anonymous: I had mine tied. On my way home I picked up 6w old twins a 3yo and a 4 yo. Got home and went back to life as normal.

A few months later is when I started having issues. I was one of the unlucky ones who got ptls. I know over 20 women who have had theirs tied and I'm the only one who had ptls. I recently had them untied.

I think having an issue after is rare. Do what you feel is best but don't be afraid of recovery because its an easy recovery. Good luck :)
MaryLu86
by Emmy on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:06 PM
I had mine tied over 2 years ago. I haven't had any regrets or problems! My periods and cramps are lighter than they were before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LAHnTAH0812
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Emotionally? Physically?

Quoting Elyce225:

I got mine done during my last c-section.

It's the biggest regret of my life.  Not because I want more children but because of how different it made me feel.  

Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I had mine done 8 years ago, 6 weeks after my youngest was born. Had no issues during or after surgery. I had my surgery on Wednesday and by Friday I was almost 100%.  The only thing I notice is cramping a few days before my period but nothing else.

Freela
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I would think not fertile, therefore not female, kwim?

I honestly thought that I would feel that way, or would have sad feelings about not being able to have children anymore.  I absolutely did not!  LOL!  But I think they key is to be good and done, and possibly past the age where you would want to have kids anyhow.  I had mine done when I had three kids and was getting close to 35 and at that stage I felt like I was really done and didn't want to risk a pregnancy after 35 (since I had enough issues with complications/fertility anyhow.)  It also factored in that I had to have major surgery to remove one ovary anyhow, so it made sense to do two procedures in one.  I'm still all woman with one ovary too! LOL!

Quoting Anonymous: What do thry mean by less than a woman? I wonder.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've known people who have regretted it, not because of issues, because they say they are less then a woman. Me personally after this child is here, I am getting it done. I'm sure I don't want anymore pregnacies and babies... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Yes I went to chapel hill tubal reversal and all of my issues were cleared up by my first cycle after reversal.

Quoting Anonymous: did that help?

I'm desperate.

Quoting Anonymous: I had mine tied. On my way home I picked up 6w old twins a 3yo and a 4 yo. Got home and went back to life as normal.

A few months later is when I started having issues. I was one of the unlucky ones who got ptls. I know over 20 women who have had theirs tied and I'm the only one who had ptls. I recently had them untied.

I think having an issue after is rare. Do what you feel is best but don't be afraid of recovery because its an easy recovery. Good luck :)
The.Last.Rebel
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I wouldn't do it again if I was paid too. Recovery was fine.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Some women feel after they have their tubes tied, they are less of a woman because they can't have anymore children... even if they are done having children. Like with a hysterectomy..*And no I am not saying that those two things are the same thing.*. ( My mother had her last child in 1988, with her tubes tied. and was fine. Then all the sudden she had to have a hysterectomy she was depressed and angry with the world because she had to have one and really couldn't have any more children. She defined herself by the fact she was a woman because she could have children. Mind you she had teens and never wanted anymore children. (tubes tied) but still. )

Quoting Anonymous: What do thry mean by less than a woman? I wonder.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've known people who have regretted it, not because of issues, because they say they are less then a woman. Me personally after this child is here, I am getting it done. I'm sure I don't want anymore pregnacies and babies... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)