Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just signed the paperwork to get my tubes tied...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And im scared. Ive heard a lot of horrible stories about the pain afterwards and painful menstrual cycle ect ect. I know it is 200% what I want but im scared.

I should add that im having a csec so I expect recovery to be painful but im more concerned about how it will effect me afterwards.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Replies (31-40):
MrsErdos2011
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I wonder how many women with ptls actually had their tubes tied versus just having them cut and burned.

Quoting Bknotnobody:

I got mine done, and my periods are shorter, and cramps are much better. Though I take vitamins, probiotics and a vitamin b pill. Which the latter of the two are apparently good for minimizing cramps. *shrugs* Either way, I havent had much of an issue. It's been a little over a year.

What people dont say about PTLS is that even with age some of your symptoms for periods and such can change. So that MIGHT be their case, and they attribute it to PTLS. Granted Im no doctor. So do some research and come to your own conclusion. :)

baby development

baby development
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM
I highly recommend reversal surgery if you want to try and avoid hysterectomy. I hope you get relief soon.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm due for a hysterectomy next year for the ptls. I may consider this option. 6 to 9 er visits a year for my period is getting ridiculous.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes it helped by my first cycle. My ptls was so bad they were talking about a hysterectomy. I'm only 28 and wanted my uterus still. I no longer have masses, cysts, uteran thickening or excess tubal fluid build up.

Quoting Anonymous: Did having them untied help the ptls?

My recovery was vicious. I couldn't walk for 2 days. I've suffered every day since that God awful surgery.

Quoting Anonymous: I had mine tied. On my way home I picked up 6w old twins a 3yo and a 4 yo. Got home and went back to life as normal.

A few months later is when I started having issues. I was one of the unlucky ones who got ptls. I know over 20 women who have had theirs tied and I'm the only one who had ptls. I recently had them untied.

I think having an issue after is rare. Do what you feel is best but don't be afraid of recovery because its an easy recovery. Good luck :)
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Both.

Before they were tied (after 3 kids) I never had PMS or if I did it would be very mild.  After getting them tied I can feel my period coming 5 days before it does.  I get anxious and depressed and all of that stuff.  I have to take narcotics for the cramps and the bleeding is so heavy, I get so anemic no matter how much iron I get.  Sometimes I get the PMS and my period doesn't show up.  Every month it doesn't show up the symptoms get worse and worse.  I literally feel like my body is going to explode.  Then like 4 months later I will get it.  

It was the worst decision I have ever made.  I wish I would have talk to women who were going through this before I had mine done.  I knew all of the side effect (I'm a friggin nurse for fucks sake) but no one told me about this.  I can't really put my finger on a word to describe all of it but I wouldn't do this to my worst enemy :(

Quoting LAHnTAH0812: Emotionally? Physically?

Quoting Elyce225:

I got mine done during my last c-section.

It's the biggest regret of my life.  Not because I want more children but because of how different it made me feel.  

Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM
See, I don't understand this crap.

Why not have your husband get a visectemy?

It has WAY less side effects than a tubal.

Why do women subject themselves to this surgery just so their husband can still feel manly? Why go through this surgery if you are so terrified of the very real (and very scary) possible side effects?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I regret having my tubes tied, we now wish we would have had more children.

Missy.Anon
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I got my tubes tied 4 years ago and have only just started having problems. I'll find out what's up in a month.

Fairegirl33
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:25 PM

when i had my tubes tied... i was back to work on Monday.. the pain wasn't bad at all... gas for the first day and then i was fine. 

no pain killers either... except ibuprofen.

Muffins89
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:26 PM

i got mine done over 2 years ago, i  had a vaginal birth though so it wasnt done during a c section. recovery was no different or more painful than recovering from delivering a baby. i never had any of the other issues that some other people get either. no horrible cramping, no super heavy periods, none of that. it has never bothered me and i dont regret a thing

Fairegirl33
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I understand completely... this surgery is the only regret of my lifetime...

I actually just had reversal surgery... I'm whole again <3

Quoting Anonymous:

I regret having my tubes tied, we now wish we would have had more children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:28 PM
My best friend has pmdd due to it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN