Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just signed the paperwork to get my tubes tied...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And im scared. Ive heard a lot of horrible stories about the pain afterwards and painful menstrual cycle ect ect. I know it is 200% what I want but im scared.

I should add that im having a csec so I expect recovery to be painful but im more concerned about how it will effect me afterwards.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a 13&17 year old boys ,im 40 my husband is 47. It is too late for use. Also my husband is only 8years away from retiring with a pention. We are now thinking of adopting a couple of boy ages 12-7 from foster care.

Quoting Fairegirl33:

I understand completely... this surgery is the only regret of my lifetime...

I actually just had reversal surgery... I'm whole again <3

Quoting Anonymous:

I regret having my tubes tied, we now wish we would have had more children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Mine were cut tied and burned. I have ptls. I am 24.

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

I wonder how many women with ptls actually had their tubes tied versus just having them cut and burned.

Quoting Bknotnobody:

I got mine done, and my periods are shorter, and cramps are much better. Though I take vitamins, probiotics and a vitamin b pill. Which the latter of the two are apparently good for minimizing cramps. *shrugs* Either way, I havent had much of an issue. It's been a little over a year.

What people dont say about PTLS is that even with age some of your symptoms for periods and such can change. So that MIGHT be their case, and they attribute it to PTLS. Granted Im no doctor. So do some research and come to your own conclusion. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:49 PM
I had mine done after my c section 3 years ago. My periods are the same 4 days. Upside no PMS! Awesome sauce
myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:52 PM
I have quite a few friends and family members who have theirs tied and never had any issues. That doesn't really answer your questions, but it's encouraging. :)
Quentinsmamma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM
I had mine done 3 years ago at the same time as they were removing a cyst off my ovary. I had such bad periods for about 6 months after and I gained about 20lbs. I've since lost the weight and my periods are about 3 1/2 days long and the most regular they've ever been. I regretted it at first but now I'm very happy I had it done.
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM
I've had mine done for a year with no issues.
mommaofALT
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:56 PM

This is why my husband got a vesectomy. I was scared to have my tubes tied because my mother had such problems afterwards. 

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM

It's not that bad, at least it wasn't for me. I had mine done when my daughter was born 17 months ago. It was a little more difficult for me because I didn't have a c-section, so I had both the scar from the tubal and the one from the episiotomy. It was very painful for the first week, I won't lie. Getting up and down, walking...even just rolling over in bed hurt enough to make me cry. But in the grand scheme of things, a week isn't all that bad. After that I started to heal quickly and had no side effects. My periods are a little rougher than they used to be...I bleed heavier, but it is only 4 days long when it used to be 7. So that's not a bad trade off.

All in all, I am super happy I had it done. It has worked well for me.

MrsErdos2011
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:30 PM

That's what I mean. Would you still have it if they had just been cut and burned? What if has something to do with putting the clips on.

Quoting Anonymous: Mine were cut tied and burned. I have ptls. I am 24.

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

I wonder how many women with ptls actually had their tubes tied versus just having them cut and burned.

Quoting Bknotnobody:

I got mine done, and my periods are shorter, and cramps are much better. Though I take vitamins, probiotics and a vitamin b pill. Which the latter of the two are apparently good for minimizing cramps. *shrugs* Either way, I havent had much of an issue. It's been a little over a year.

What people dont say about PTLS is that even with age some of your symptoms for periods and such can change. So that MIGHT be their case, and they attribute it to PTLS. Granted Im no doctor. So do some research and come to your own conclusion. :)

baby development

baby development
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Honestly its just cause my insurance covers it his doesn't and ill be opened up anyway.

Quoting Anonymous: See, I don't understand this crap.

Why not have your husband get a visectemy?

It has WAY less side effects than a tubal.

Why do women subject themselves to this surgery just so their husband can still feel manly? Why go through this surgery if you are so terrified of the very real (and very scary) possible side effects?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)