Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Phil Robertson Suspended Indefinitely From Duck Dynasty!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 264 Replies
3 moms liked this
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/duck-dynasty-e-suspends-phil-robertson-following-gay-003417098.html

I think this is complete bullshit. So when did it become wrong to say your opinion or beliefs on religion in America. This country is turning into pansies and worries about who they might "offend."

The show will not be the same without Phil. This pisses me off.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
staceysgorbach
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:47 PM
9 moms liked this
I went from happy happy happy to crabby crabby crabby over this decision.
tossed
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:51 PM
37 moms liked this

His beliefs are not new and are well known to anyone who watches the show. I think it is ridiculous to suspend him for his expression of his beliefs. There has always been a fine line. The Robertson family insisted on the prayer; A and E was not sure. Phil has expressed his views on premarital sex in the show and some wanted that toned down. Phil and his family openly share their love for Jesus; the family was asked to tone down their religious views. I strongly support gay rights, but I also support Phil's constitutional right to free speech. I think this is ridiculous and think the family, as much as I would miss the show, should unite and walk away.

ecerka
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:54 PM
4 moms liked this
Crazy... While I support gay rights and hope for equality for all, He should not be punished for his beliefs.
Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:56 PM
4 moms liked this
I read one article that blasted phil for his hate speech. Um, hate speech? Really? How is expressing a belief hate speech? They said he offended the majority of the population. Maybe they dont know the feelings of the majority because where I'm from, the majority agrees with phil. His statement in GQ was in no way hateful. In fact he very plainly states that just like the Almighty, he loves everyone. Its sad that having a different set of beliefs makes you hateful.
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:57 PM
4 moms liked this
Agreed

Quoting ecerka: Crazy... While I support gay rights and hope for equality for all, He should not be punished for his beliefs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you! I love the show to pieces, but I think the robertson family needs to stand by Phils side and walk away.

Quoting tossed:

His beliefs are not new and are well known to anyone who watches the show. I think it is ridiculous to suspend him for his expression of his beliefs. There has always been a fine line. The Robertson family insisted on the prayer; A and E was not sure. Phil has expressed his views on premarital sex in the show and some wanted that toned down. Phil and his family openly share their love for Jesus; the family was asked to tone down their religious views. I strongly support gay rights, but I also support Phil's constitutional right to free speech. I think this is ridiculous and think the family, as much as I would miss the show, should unite and walk away.

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I am very angry about this!!! The show will definitely not be the same with him off..They will probably lose a lot of viewers.

nolongermstkn
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg i just laughed so hard. Lol

Quoting staceysgorbach: I went from happy happy happy to crabby crabby crabby over this decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I heard ( read) somewhere that he didn't want to be on the show anyways & willy is just fame hungry. So maybe he intended for this to happen.

Chrissywissy
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:01 PM
4 moms liked this

So you are allowed your opinion as long as it is PC and goes with what everyone else thinks, this decision will bite A&E in the ass!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN