Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I support Phil Robertson. *Gays* VENT.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 336 Replies
14 moms liked this
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4465564?ir=Gay+Voices

He was asked his opinion on Gay people, and he simply gave his opinion. Now he is being BASHED?! He didn't even say anything bad about them, he just expressed how it is wrong based on HIS beliefs. Now the gay people are bashing him. Um, this is America and everyone is entitled to an opinion. I'm a Christian, so according to my beliefs, it is a sin. Do I judge those that are gay? NO. THAT IS NOT MY JOB. Do I treat them differently? Absolutely not. Do I think it's gross? Yes. But people are PEOPLE and we all deserve equality. I think gay marriage is a fine thing if that's what makes YOU happy. I think Phil is the same way. He is a very Godly man, so he knows not to judge others. In this interview, he clearly did not do that.

I just think it's disgusting that so many people are being so hateful to him. I'd understand if he said something like "you're disgusting" "go to hell".. something to actually get offended about. But did he? NO.

I just hope the gays that are bashing him aren't teaching their offspring to hate/judge those with different lifestyles/opinions/beleifs of their own. If they are doing that, THEY are what's wrong with this country. Not the people with opinions.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM
48 moms liked this

That's what I don't understand about gays.  They want acceptance, but refuse to accept other's opinions that may differ from their own.  Kind of a double standard isn't it?

eta: I'm not saying all gays are like this.  It's just the ones who are that give the gay community a bad rep. 

Click_Queen
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:42 PM
12 moms liked this

You are judging them by sAying its gross. That is a judgement.

o.0
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed!
Miller0305
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM
7 moms liked this
I think this whole thing is a huge over reaction. He said it was what HE believed not what everyone else should believe. Hipocrites in action here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
handy0318
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM
25 moms liked this

Equal rights for all!!!

(except free speech when expressing views that are not considered "politically correct". Then just keep your mouth shut!)

lunyuny
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM
5 moms liked this
I love Phil. He is awesome
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Quoting Click_Queen:

Miller0305
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:44 PM
4 moms liked this
People are entitled to their opinion. It's not like he said gays should be killed.

Quoting Click_Queen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:44 PM
3 moms liked this

Gays whine alot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM
16 moms liked this
I don't agree with his opinion. But I don't think he should be bashed for it either. In order to have equality and the right to you opinion, you must accept that others have a right to theirs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured