Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Duck Dynasty!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies

'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus Following Anti-Gay Remarks

A&E has placed Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson on indefinite hiatus following anti-gay remarks he made in a recent profile in GQ Magazine.

The left places no value whatsoever on freedom of speech or freedom of religion...unless of course, it fits their agenda.... 

THE WHOLE FAMILY SHOULD WALK...WITH THEIR "OFF THE CHARTS RATINGS" ANOTHER NETWORK WOULD GLADLY PICK THEM UP.

"We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty," A&E said in a statement. "His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely."

The news comes after Robertson compared homosexuality to bestiality in an interview with the magazine. He'll likely appear in season four, which bows Jan. 15, since production is largely wrapped.

“It seems like, to me, a vagina -- as a man -- would be more desirable than a man’s anus," Robertson says in the January issue of the men's magazine. "That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

During a discussion about repentance and God, Robertson is asked what he finds sinful.

"Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there," he says. "Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men."

He goes on to paraphrase Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

For anyone who is interested in offering your suport to the Robertson family, here is the A & E Duck Dynasty Facebook page link: https://www.facebook.com/duckdynasty

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/duck-dynastys-phil-robertson-indefinite-666808

phil robertson duck dynasty h 2013

http://www.100percentfedup.com/200-duck-dynasty-s-phil-robertson-on-indefinite-hiatus-following-anti-gay-remarks

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:13 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:15 AM
2 moms liked this

this has already been posted.........

but imo i couldn't care less if the show got cancelled, i think it's dumb.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Never watched the show. But, with all the shitty products with their faces on it I have zero desire to watch the show those sell outs create. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

this has already been posted.........

but imo i couldn't care less if the show got cancelled, i think it's dumb.

so I noticed LOL . But its your opion on if its dumb its not your kind of show 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Ha. I beat ya to it! :D
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:20 AM

the show is not for everyone , and i can understand your point

Quoting Anonymous:

Never watched the show. But, with all the shitty products with their faces on it I have zero desire to watch the show those sell outs create. 

Dolcepsle
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:21 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't see anything wrong with what he said. I am very pro lgbt and I view this as his belief based on his religion. Why should he have to believe what I believe? We can hope for progress and tolerance but we can't change his religious belief. I feel the media/public are bullying others into conforming. Pro lgbt that force their views on others are just as bad as those who are anti-lgbt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Ha. I beat ya to it! :D

LOL yup you did !

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I love the show! I think we all have a right to feel how we feel. I know people who do not agree with gay, bi, transsexual etc. I also know people who don't agree with babies before marriage, interracial relationships and so on. But I don't judge them for that and we accept each others opinions. I will still watch because I like the show and them. No matter what he thinks I still believe they are all good people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured