Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Duck Dynasty and Paula Deen *Edit*

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 2:41 AM
  • 54 Replies
A friend of mine on FB made a good point. Everyone flipped their shit because Paula Deen made a racist comment like forever ago. But this guy on Duck Dynasty makes a homophobic comment and suddenly it's free speech.

*I want to say, as I have on other posts, I support both of them in their right to say whatever they want. I just thought this was an interesting point of view.*
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 2:54 AM
8 moms liked this

He didnt make a homophobic comment. He was asked a question, and he stated his opinion.

Schauseil
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:02 AM
8 moms liked this
Lumping homosexuals in with bestiality and adultery is homophobic and hateful.

Quoting Anonymous:

He didnt make a homophobic comment. He was asked a question, and he stated his opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:04 AM
I been on cm for 5 mins and this is the 3rd post about him
rebeccarae
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:05 AM
I knew CM was going to blow up about this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Meh, no one is allowed to even think for themselves anymore or its so wrong.
Lexa_Lee
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:06 AM
I think Paula Deen also has a right to think and feel how she wants.
anon1986East
by Kali on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this

His opinion may be homophobic, but he's entitled to it and I don't understand why people are so shocked and/or appalled by his opinion. Do people really believe we live in a world of absolute tolerance? The opinions of those people aren't going to change the issues, and if you're looking to those people for guidance about issues concerning homosexuality and racism you've got more issues than anyone would care to admit. The opinions of those people are no different than the thousands, and millions, who live in this world but they're the ones who get reprimanded, who get judged by the masses simply because people know who they are. I don't share their views, but if I did do you think anyone would give a shit? Nope, no one would care because I'm simply one person who is unknown to the world of people out there. Are they no longer entitled to their opinions because creepers and lurkers from around the world hang on their every word? So some dick head is against homosexuality...does it affect you? Does it change your stance on homosexuality? I hope not, and if it does you're a fucking moron anyway. If Paula Deen were to make a sudden announcement about hating black people and using the word nigger every other word are you going to suddenly become racist? Again, I hope not and if you do then you're fucking moron. 

I find it ridiculous how many people get offended by the views and opinions of strangers, unless those people are forming lynch mobs I'm fairly certain you have no need to worry about whatever the fuck they think.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:07 AM
3 moms liked this
Because you agree with one and not the others. Some people see then all as equally wrong.

Quoting Schauseil: Lumping homosexuals in with bestiality and adultery is homophobic and hateful.

Quoting Anonymous:

rebeccarae
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:07 AM
My thought exactly, I don't agree with what he said, but he's a human with opinions and beliefs, so am I. My best friend is gay, and she thinks the media is milking this for what its worth.

Quoting Anonymous: Meh, no one is allowed to even think for themselves anymore or its so wrong.
susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 3:12 AM

That is a very good point. There was no way that what happened to Paula Deen was right, even though it was wrong in what she said. If it was wrong for her, it's equally wrong for him, and he should lose everything too.  The problem is that homophobia is still accepted, and that's why people are defending him,a nd they are. The "Christians" are salivating in their support of his "free speech."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN