Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why can't you just admit it? Update

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:45 AM
  • 515 Replies
10 moms liked this

Admit you were not the best parent! If your kid is rude, pregnant at 15, doing drugs, whatever. Everyone here says "it was not my fault." Then, whose fault is it?

my ten year old is being very rude and lazy right now. Guess what? I blame myself!

yet, everyone is here claims to be such a great mom! Trust me, if you got pregnant as a teenager , you are not a great mom.

edit to add some thoughts.

i have read all the replies and learned a lot. I should not have said all teen moms are bad parents. I apologize to those I offended. I still do not think teen pregnancy is a great plan or path in life. But, I am sure there are many success stories. Just like some kids can come from a great family and still fail. It happens.

thank you to all who replied, it has been very informative and has given me a lot to think about.

i still think parents need to accept more responsibility for their chop idlers behavier.

by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:48 AM
12 moms liked this

WOW....painting with that broad brush again?

I do know some teenagers that got pregnant and were great moms (not all - but some)

Before you say I was a pregnant teen - nope - I didn't have sex until my 20s and had my first child at age 30.  I AM a great mom, however, I am not perfect!!!!   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:49 AM
4 moms liked this
I got pregnant when I was 18 the summer before moving away to college. The condom broke and my mom took me to get an abortion. She is an amazing woman.
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, there are exceptions. I am sure some teen moms do a good job. But, I have yet to meet a mother who announces "I am a great mom" that I have a really agreed with.

we usually define great differently. I am sure you are great, by your standards.

Quoting Anonymous:

I do know some teenagers that got pregnant and were great moms (not all - but some)

Before you say I was a pregnant teen - nope - I didn't have sex until my 20s and had my first child at age 30.  I AM a great mom, however, I am not perfect!!!!   

idunno1234
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:50 AM
12 moms liked this

Lots of generalizations there I think you would be better off without.

No one is a perfect parent, there is no such thing.  We all know there are great kids that come from awful parents and awful kids that come from great parents.  Sometimes, it really is just the kids because they are born little individuals with their own desires and demons.  Parents may help shape, increase or decrease the odds of certain things through their actions, but its ultimately the child's decision to go down a road we know they would be better off not going down.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:51 AM
5 moms liked this
I got pregnant as a teen. I am a good mother. I love my kids they are safe, healthy, clean and loved. They have all their needs met and most or their wants. It's very broad to label one demographic of people to be a stereotype.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:51 AM
What does me being a teen mom got to do with my parenting now
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Yes, there are exceptions. But the majority of the time, bad kids come from crap parents

Quoting idunno1234:

Lots of generalizations there I think you would be better off without.

No one is a perfect parent, there is no such thing.  We all know there are great kids that come from awful parents and awful kids that come from great parents.  Sometimes, it really is just the kids because they are born little individuals with their own desires and demons.  Parents may help shape, increase or decrease the odds of certain things through their actions, but its ultimately the child's decision to go down a road we know they would be better off not going down.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:54 AM
4 moms liked this

Are you that great that you think anyone cares if you agree they are a great mom?

You sound like you think youre better then everyone , you're not.

Quoting suzanneyea:

Yes, there are exceptions. I am sure some teen moms do a good job. But, I have yet to meet a mother who announces "I am a great mom" that I have a really agreed with.

we usually define great differently. I am sure you are great, by your standards.

Quoting Anonymous:

suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

You had a child when not married. You had sex as a teenager, which is too you g ad makes you kinda slutty. You make bad decisions and people who make bad decisions make bad parents

Quoting Anonymous: What does me being a teen mom got to do with my parenting now

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Why does it have to be anyone's fault? Some things just are.
We don't need need to place blame in every situation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)