Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Duck Dynasty and A&E Edit with statement

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 290 Replies
7 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

In statements that threaten the A&E reality hit’s wildly popular and uplifting brand of faith, family and hunting, the Robertson patriarch said: “Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong… Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.” Robertson then paraphrased Corinthians from the Bible: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

And if that wasn’t explicit enough, the “Duck Commander” added: “It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

This is not a new view for strong Christians to hold and I feel he was set up.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:08 AM
5 moms liked this

I've never seen one episode, have no idea what's going on. So sad that I get my news from Mom Confessions.

Mommy2-3181
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:08 AM

What happened I love that show

incogNinja
by Whofflé on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM

he spoke out against lgbt

deccaf
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:11 AM
4 moms liked this

I believe he has the right to express his views, but also must deal with the consequences.  He must know that it is not a popular opinion and that there would be blowback. 

LoriAnn87
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:11 AM
7 moms liked this

He has every right to say what he wants but it's just sad that freedom of speech doesn't mean anything and people will get offend over the stupidest things or take things the wrong way.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree, he was set up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:12 AM
I made an edit with the offending statement.

Quoting Mommy2-3181:

What happened I love that show

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Meh.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:12 AM
11 moms liked this
Good grief it's not like he's going to be jailed for expressing his opinion. He said it and can face the repercussions. The government is not restricting his speech FFS.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)