Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tattoos....

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:38 PM
  • 94 Replies

So I have a lot of tattoos and when I'm covered (jacket/jeans) you can't see any of them. But when you can, whether its at  school function, store, library, or the work environment there are always someone who has something mean to say.

I smile, nod, or just go about my business and i've learned to let it roll off. But have you been judged because of them? Do you judge people who have them?

Thought I'd ask and see what opinions or stories come up....

by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I have 12... Most of them are always covered... People are shocked by the amount I have... The only ones that are always seen are the two on my wrists and the one behind my ear.... I've heard some crappy things about being a mom with tattoos... I just smile and walk away....

AmazingAmanda
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM
The only people who have ever made negative remarks about my tattoos are my parents. I have never had a random person, in real life, look at me, or say something negative, about them. And I have several that can't be covered easily.
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM
I have one on my back, you can't see it if I have a shirt on. But dh and I also have ring tattoos. They're pretty new, but the only comments I've had have been positive ones. I'm sorry people have been rude to you. I've been thinking about becoming a tattoo artist, so if I saw your tattoos I'd probably run up to you and ask you all kinds of questions lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM
I have yet to be judged for mine. But i think its sad.that people judge
siergomez
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Nobody has ever been up front rude to me, I have tattoos and piercings. Usually vibrant hair colors... I get more compliments and questions more than anything. Wierd looks are pretty common though.
boricua3177
by Monica on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I have 4, but when I am wearing work clothes they are all covered up.  I do want to get a half sleeve, maybe in 2014 I will!  I have never gotten any mean comments or anything like that about my tattoos.  But that may change when I get my 1/2 sleeve though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:45 PM
I've only had one person really say anything negative about my tattoos. I can tell a difference in demeanor sometimes, like if I'm wearing sleeves when we meet, then I remove my jacket and they see them, they can get a little quite, or ask.
ilovecandy
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:47 PM

never noticed if i have been judged for mine. i probably have but dont really care

myshoes
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Sorry, but I do judge.  I think they are "trashy". I feel bad about myself having those feelings but it is how I feel. Many of my very good friends have them. It's one little thing that I see as "wrong".  I don't comment on them. I keep my opinion to myself.  I even tried to talk myself into getting one after I was cancer (kidney) free and was doing "something I would have never done" in appreciation for my life.  But I just could NOT talk myself into it.  Only put my opinion here because you asked.

MamaCat1121
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Yea, i've had bad and good reactions....older woman usually are hte ones to be rude or something. It's not like mine are offensive either. But people still have things to say....o you like it now but what about when your 80. I laugh and say well if i make it to 80 i'll be happy i'm alive, last thing i'll be worried about is tattoos, have a good day....laugh and keep walking or something.

I try to say something nice but to the point, no need to make a bigger situation over nothing you know

Quoting AngryBob: I have one on my back, you can't see it if I have a shirt on. But dh and I also have ring tattoos. They're pretty new, but the only comments I've had have been positive ones. I'm sorry people have been rude to you. I've been thinking about becoming a tattoo artist, so if I saw your tattoos I'd probably run up to you and ask you all kinds of questions lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)