Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is having a c section scary?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 308 Replies
It's a big fear of mine.

My three were born vaginaly but I'm afraid something will happen and I'll need a c section this time. What is it like?

My main fear would be awake while they cut into me I get panicky just thinking Of it
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 19, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I almost had one, the idea scared me. Luckily the baby cooperated at the last minute.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM
2 moms liked this
I had an emergency c-section and was scared and kept asking the anesthesiologist if I would feel it but he assured me I wouldn't. I felt pressure and tugging but it was quick. The recovery is much longer and I was very sore. It's major abdominal surgery so it takes time to heal. Coughing and sneezing hurt the most shortly after the procedure.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Dec. 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM
10 moms liked this

I was wide awake during my csection and it was the single most beautiful day in my life. :)  this c section was planned as I had a high risk pregnancy.  I just had to accept it and move on to enjoy the birth of my son. 

Sparkyfire
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 2:39 PM
You're usually awake for a csection if they can. I have had two. The scariest part for me was after my second one when I was told I had something weird with my uterus so that it didn't contract after.

You've had 3 vaginally you will be just fine even if they do give you a csection. But I doubt they will. The only difference I've heard between the two is the after pains are in different spots if you hurt at all.
mom2thebestkid
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 2:39 PM

You are awake when they cut into you but you don't feel anything just pressure. I personally haven't had any problems with either one of my c-sections.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 19, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

You won't be able to see or feel anything besides some tugging.

it was scary for me mostly because I had to deliver 2mos early. But it was a necessity.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Dec. 19, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I would never plan one, but it wasn't horrible.
ashleynm85
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 2:42 PM

They do cut into you while you are awake but you don't feel it.  The most you feel is a release of pressure.  And you can feel them moving your body around.  They do strap your arms to the bed so you can't move them and freak out.  They hang a sheet of some sort so you can't see what is going on.  The worst part is the recovery.  Coughing and sneezing hurt.  And so does pooping.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 19, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Pretty sure any delivery is a tad bit scary I know both my were and they were vag... This one I'm also nervous about ;)
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I hated the spinal I had for my first c-section. I don't like the feeling of not being able to move. For my emergency c-section I was put under and it was easier. Wake up to a clean and healthy baby. I didn't want either section, but it was necessary for both.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)