Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Disappointed in your charity gifts?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 92 Replies
12 moms liked this

In 2014, start saving. When you get taxes back, instead of a new purse, or getting your nails done, spend $100/kid buying gift cards to local stores. 

Then, once per paycheck, get an additional $5-10 gift card per kid. Cut back on junk food, or soya, or smoking, or whatever it is you splurge on. 

Then, come Christmas, you have gift cards to spend.

it isn't rocket science, it's learning to budget. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Bump

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM
4 moms liked this
Where's the love button, that post was dumb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cybcm
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, you are one clever cookie.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:42 PM
5 moms liked this
You mean give something up that one loves all year to provide during Christmas instead of just applying for free shit at the end of the year... Nonsense! These places that give need to start monitoring the gifts better so only good gifts get into the boxes and for Christs sake pay for the gas for everyone to pick up their stuff!!!

Jk
happymia
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:43 PM
2 moms liked this
You're so right! If i just would've bought gift cards with the zero tax money i got back last year, my dh wouldn't have been laid off this summer, and my kids would have had gifts this year. Silly me, i did it wrong!
Lilmansmom09
by Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I've come ti the realization that there will ALWAYS be those who expect something for nothing and are never happy with what they get. I understand being disappointed by what you get but honestly, if you don't want someone else to pick out your kids gifts, buy them yourself and let someone else take the charity.
DEJavu17
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I wanted to read that post! It disappeared though :( 

Someone wanna fill me in?

abecee
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:46 PM
5 moms liked this

You are assuming that everyone has that extra money each payday to put away for Christmas.  You don't truly know how many people do not and cannot do that.  Your post is offensive and I hope you never ever experience true poverty.

lalaboosh
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Hahahaha!
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:50 PM
3 moms liked this

Not always the way it works for some. We have had years, that we lived pay check to pay check. We had already cut things to afford the necessity's. Glad we teach our children Christmas is not about presents but family and gifts are an extra if you have the money for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)